Retribution design philosophy

Uh, for years Diablo 3 devs have been pouring into Wow.

I’ll just reiterate that Dragonflight ret looks the same as it has looked about about the past 7 years, hopefully all the complaining will get us some changes.

They put far too much value in those abilities and in Blessings.

“originally it wasn’t designed around pvp, therefore several years later it’s not being designed around pvp”

Bad argument is bad.

We have even less utility than Shadowlands in DF, unless you sacrifice big DPS for it.

1 Like

My thought is that someone suggests this every expansion. I am thankful that Blizzard hasn’t taken them up on it.

LoH is our only instant heal that is not on a CD or reliant on building some resource (Holy Power or Selfless Healer stacks), and thus is a very useful emergency tool for healing ourselves or others. What could it be replaced with that would compensate for loss of such a tool?

BoP is less of a loss, but only because so much less damage is physical these days, but it’s still a very handy tool for saving healers if everything’s gone to heck and mobs are going for that healer.

Note that both these are now optional talents, and that a fair number of players are talking about not taking one or both.

As for Divine Shield, given our terrible mobility this is a vital tool to make up for the trouble we have avoiding fire and doing damage. It can save us from the effects of our slow movement, or it can be used more aggressively to allow us to stay on a target and get better uptime (and thus more damage on target), compensating somewhat for a lack of fast movement.

And again, what would it be replaced by? Also, how is it over-powered and game-distorting in a game where Rogues have Cloak of Shadows on a 2min CD?

3 Likes

You can have a quick CD HoJ and another form of CC (Repentance or Blinding Light). Better than SL.

Consecrated Blade?

Yeah, I’m having real trouble here.

2 Likes

Wasting 2 points in raids literally. xD
I should be able to go around HoJ and pick actually useful utility, so that’s a negative for PVE.

I quite like this, yes.

So do the devs i think…

2 Likes

If Ret had that kind mobility, I doubt there would be a single complaint from anyone on these forums.
D3 Crusaders have Steed Charge every 15 seconds for 2 seconds, Falling Sword every 30 seconds(what paladins should have gotten), Shield charge(via Shield bash) anytime if you have the resources to spend, 50% movement speed increase for 5 to 10 seconds every 30 seconds which applies to everyone within its radius and removes movement impairing affects for 3 seconds(via Laws of Hope/Wings of Angels and Long Arm of the Law), 60% movement speed increase for 5 seconds when hit while Iron Skin/Flash is active for 4 seconds every 30 seconds, 5% movement speed increase stacking to 15% for 3 seconds when striking an enemy with Justice/Sword of Justice and has no Cooldown.

4 Likes

Another feedback source over the state of the spec.
Another voice shouting in the void.

9 Likes

Words out of my mouth. I would love pallies to have this skill lol.

Too bad they gave heroic leap to warriors and don’t want pallies and them share skills (we are holy warriors…)

4 Likes

I’ve thought this in the past. I don’t think LoH is a problem. Between the cost, cd and forbearance I just don’t think it’s an issue. Divine Shield and BoP might be but I think it’d require a major rework as those are iconic abilities that I don’t see Blizzard undertaking.

i thought games were supposed to be fun like you said.

but paladins are not supposed to have fun i guess. everyone jumping around, charging, teleporting, ultra speeding up like superman, rolling, and we ride on a horse that nobody likes since it was implemented in the game.

welp, blizzard should make the horse dispelable also, nah thinking about it, since it doesnt break roots and such, it’s not even needed lol

i can count how many times on heavy movement encounters, that i found my horse to be on cd, and the feeling: “welp, guess i will just walk”, yeah best feeling in the world, when every single other melee class (maybe not dk), just immediately closes the gap and keeps on dpsing, we just…walk, yep, pretty fun

6 Likes

Making Divine Steed Spellsteal-able would be hilarious!

1 Like

Yeah but DKs have other things like Death Grip and Death’s Advance which not only increases their speed by 30-35% and lasts 8-10 seconds but makes them immune to knockbacks, which can be REALLY useful on certain encounters.

4 Likes

New set is better that the previous one was. It actually let us choose a build instead of shoving Consec down our throat.

Now the things is, they need to revert changes to AoW proc and remove the passive HoPo talent (Inner/sanctification).

Give the Consec utility node a “follow us” option VS larger and slows.

Well we just got some communication from Blizzard :frowning: Shared it over in the Beta forum, but wanted to share it here as well.
World of Warcraft on Twitter: “Paladins have the same thing in all their drinks . . . . . . . . . . Just Ice…” / Twitter

4 Likes

The hell does that mean?
I don’t get it XD

Another middle finger at paladins. As for the joke just ice = justice.

4 Likes

Woooooooow

I cant even anymore man

JFC
Its like you intentionally went out and got devs that antagonize your customers. Really i just dont understand lol.

6 Likes