Retail wow only game with lag spikes

Every 15-20 minutes i experience this static lag that freezes everything on my two screens (including youtube/netflix)

However this only happens with WoW, i play other games and never experienced any type of lag once so ever. Even helldivers 2 is fine and i feel a game like that would have issues if it wasnt something related to wow.

The lag spikes are random but they tend to repeat when doing certain activities. When i open my weekly vault it 100% lag spikes. When i enter the pvp section in valdraken im 100% going to spike at least once. If im doing lfr theres going to be one large spike.

Its getting to the point im too scared to que for ranked games cause i lag spiked and crashed the game when a solo shuffle que popped. The launcher wont give me an option to repair files so idk what else to do my drivers are updated i use nvidia.

You may need to reinstall if the option isn’t there. What you’re describing sounds like a hardware issue, not connection.

How do i check a hardware issue?

I am in the same boat. I have no idea how to attach a winMRT file log because it keeps telling me not to add links. Not sure what to do. It’s been on and off for the last two weeks but today has been horrible. ISP is fiber and they reset everything on their end. Home is like 40ms or under. World is now anywhere from 600-1200+ today. winMRT seems to show lots of ping at blizzard server and the skip from chicago right above it. Not sure if it’s even fixable by us? Any advice welcome. Or I can make my own thread if needed.

In the same boat. Everything was fine this morning. Starting around 12:30 PM MS was anywhere between 200-600. Us central player. Called isp and everything looks fine. My kids computer next to me is playing Fortnite at 26MS.

1 Like

Through system diagnostic files, like the DxDiag and the MSinfo.

You’re both talking about connection issues. The OP is talking about their entire PC freezing. Please start your own threads with your WinMTR tests.

2 Likes

Thanks. I am also Central US like the other reply. I called my ISP, they reset stuff as well and updated some modem code, did not fix it. Eventually the lag loss at the Blizzard server went away and now it’s back to normal. It’s on Blizz end and I will just have to deal. Thanks for the reply, if it flares up too much again I will make a new thread.