Retail Korrak’s is More Classic than Classic AV

I just might, as a lot of disenfranchised Classic players have and are likely to continue to.

1 Like

I saw the ice lord/forest lord a lot more earlier on during the event. Last few weeks I have done it has mostly been zergs.

they can go back to private servers and you can go back to retail bye.

This is my experience of Korrak’s Revenge :heart:

It’s so epic when you do! Usually it happens as a counter to when Alliance decides to turtle. Ice Daddy just busts right through them as your team rallies around him and slaughters his leftovers!

Yeah, I have had some awesome turtle games, not gonna lie, had a 90min the other day, it was cool, but like I said most if the time it’s a zerg. People just robot on down the field lol

1 Like

And you can stay in your bot-infested 5 minute Zerg fest classic AV’s until they shut Classic. Bye.

I like Korrak’s Revenge.

There are still some things that can be fixed to improve it, but it’s a fun version of AV.

I’ve seen a lot more forest/ice lord summons in Korrak’s Revenge.

Best of all, we don’t really have the 6-minute zerg-the-final-boss games.

2 Likes

You’re so right too that it’s a nice feature to be able to level so effectively with it. One time I got 3 full levels from a 50 minute Korrak’s where both sides summoned their bosses. I wasn’t used to AV being fun until that game!

To those who are pushing back:
Korrak’s Revenge was created as a representation of what made AV memorable in vanilla. Does not matter if it is a carbon copy of a specific patch.

This current husk in classic could arguably not get any worse.

1 Like

I could be wrong but I think this guy might be talking about the feel of AV and not the actual physical locations and abilities of NPCs. Like how AV is now a stupid zerg fest full of scrubs who think they can win by turtling at Iceblood. Where maybe in the Korrak’s version it actually takes a while to win… you can’t just run to Drek and start pulling warmasters… you have to take towers and wait for NPCs to despawn before pulling. So it has the overall FEEL of og AV.

2 Likes

Well, yeah, cause they have TBC linked Warmasters and Marshals that provide each other with a scaling buff.

The games still only last 20~ minutes. If 1.5 AV was released right now, I guarantee it would still be zerged for honor.

Again… I don’t think you understand… its not about what would happen in 1.5… its about how it FEELS. Korrak feels like it did in vanilla where the BGs took longer… even if it is only 20 minutes… people have to actually take objectives… and the way AV is going right now I can see it taking a few hours. That’s what people want… the feel of the old days. The days long AV. Even if it will never be that again people get tired of the try hard metas. I know a lot of people who did AV once and haven’t since because they hate how everyone zergs and no one cares about objectives unlike Vanilla AV.

While you are not wrong. I feel like this a disingenuous argument. The current av we have right now was only in vanilla for a fraction of the time the other one was.
You could also buy pvp gear for honor in vanilla as well but people would be up in arms if that was the system Blizzard chose to implement.

1 Like

One quibble: Korrak was absolutely at Snowfall at one point. To the best of my recollection, it was originally Snowfall, then they moved him to Field of Strife to make the quest to kill him easier to do.

(It might have been in a different order, though. I am certain he was at Snowfall at one point, but not 100% on when.)

1 Like

Almost every single argument from people that want 1.5 AV comes down to them thinking the entire meta would change because of some easily avoidable landmines or slightly stronger NPCs.

The games would be slightly longer on average, and that average would be brought back down to where we are now in a few short months when BWL has been farmed to death.

WPvP is also better on retail.

Find a group for “CTA Nazjatar” and you’ll have endless fights between newhome and mezzamere, lots of back and forths. Almost every zone is now empty in classic. Everyone is sitting in cities queuing for bgs. It’s ironic considering classic fanbois complained that retail was the one with empty zones and people never leaving cities.

1 Like

You should have stopped typing there.

1 Like

Yes I understand thats what those arguments are trying to say. I don’t think thats what OP means though. I think he cares more about the feel of the game than the meta. This has nothing to do with how other people falsely think the meta would change. It would change some if the warmasters were all linked though. People would actually take and defend towers making the game take longer and probably more fun for a lot of people. They would feel as if the spirit of the game was back even if it didn’t take 3 days to complete anymore.

1 Like

That’s true.