Retail is doing fine and has more players then classic wow

By combining the Classic and Retail subscription as one subscription, it significantly muddied the water in trying to assess the health of Retail by comparing it with Classic. A lot of people came back for Classic. A lot of people almost totally stopped playing Retail when they started playing Classic. And a lot of people ignored Classic and keep playing Retail. A lot of people check in on their characters in both games from time to time, but are clearly putting the bulk of their playtime into one or the other. Point is, with the waters this muddied, they’re virtually useless as barometers of the health of each other.

I’d assess the health of Retail a lot more by how many mythic raiding guilds are able to function on their various servers now vs. the past (and this would also probably involve breaking down the number of mythic raiding guilds clearing just a bit of the instance, a lot of the instance, or going all the way and getting “Cutting Edge” by clearing it entirely).

The “full pop” servers are probably doing the same as ever on their face, but the realms below “full pop” are probably doing varying levels of “worse” and “much worse” (which actually tends to lead to more transfers to full pop servers, keeping them at their past level while other servers sink). The giant host of medium pop and low pop servers are probably mostly doing devastatingly worse.

3 Likes

i dont need to look in to or bring up charts all i see when i log in to each client is retail has more during non peak hours the vlassic.

1 Like

Which means nothing

1 Like

you do understand classic servers can handle the load retail servers do and i believe the devs said retails medium pop servers are equal to classic high pop.

1 Like

psssssst. Hey. Retail only counts created characters on the server all the time not just those that are logged in.

That is why the high and full pop servers say that 24/7 on retail.

13 Likes

I believe they said that Classic servers were more populated than retail servers

I also believe that believing something, doesn’t make it true.

3 Likes

any proof of that?

2 Likes

Wow’s population is fine. People just expect retail to have queues in the middle of the day on a Wednesday, that’s not going to happen with the design model the current iteration of the game. In retail it’s doing 4 Wqs for the emissary and log off for the day, so while there might be a lot of players, those players aren’t logging on very often, and when they do it’s for a short period of time.

Sorry for wall of text.

2 Likes

Nothing to see here! Everything is just fine :eyes:

Play both.

Play either.

Be happy to have both supporting the game you love, even if you prefer one of them over the other.

6 Likes

well due to my playing schedule I see the server pops at all times of the day. I highly doubt those high and full pop servers are at that count at 3 am, 8 am, 1 pm, 5 pm, 9 pm, 2 am, and so on the whole time.

1 Like

Tinfoil hat on

What if blizz changed the numbers so that the retail servers have “lower” levels need to reach medium/full?

Instead of medium being 5k and full being 10. Adjust it so medium needs 2k and full is 5. The amount of players hasn’t changed but WOOHOO! REALMS ARE HOPPIN!

Tinfoil hat off

3 Likes

check them you will be shocked and today right now is non peak hours.

yeah because they don’t change at all based on amount of players logged in. They do it by number of characters on the server.

2 Likes

Blizzard knows what the numbers truly are.

proof of that a post from the devs on it?

Frankly, just the fact that people are in doubt about which one is doing better is kind of damning to how Retail is doing. Modern WoW vs. a 15-year old re-release that will never have new content isn’t a fight that should be remotely close, neither in reality nor even in perception.

If people are saying, “Well, Retail’s still doing better than Classic” to make it sound successful, that’s a good sign Retail is doing horribly.

6 Likes

just counter acting and the retail is dead people because classic is better.

but you see the hate for retail

Here’s my tinfoil hat they mark them as high/full pop servers to push players creating new characters on low pop realms to make them not feel as dead

I bet you thought I wasn’t going to show up, didn’t you?

The classic hype is fading, and not very slowly. My guild in retail has 3 full raid teams, know what we started with before classic launched? One. We had one single team. Players are rushing back to retail whether you want to admit it or not. Perhaps you are just disillusioned right now, which is okay.

Retail servers are full of life, more than we’ve seen in ages.

4 Likes