Retail is doing fine and has more players then classic wow

Let’s avoid further confusion then, show me the original claim, so that I can eviscerate you properly.

Pretty sure I saw it, but maybe you can correct me, choose wisely.

MY GUY…

This has NEVER happened before.

10/10 many bites on this one.

Scroll up.
I did debate in HS and College, this is amateur hour on here lol.

Either way, we all know there is no actual numbers our there.
One side assumes the servers were equal in size, without proof.
I made a facetious argument in response to one even more facetious.

Based on what I’ve seen, it’s a miracle if you didn’t flunk.

I know nobody wants to bring their A-game here, but this was a joke, don’t flaunt your credentials if you’re incapable of showing them in a good light.

2 Likes

Okay bud, let’s talk more about how you’re overqualified to do something that’s instinctual.

Daaaang. My buddy’s law firm is hiring, send me that resume.

3 Likes

Read that tweet again.

NOWHERE does it state any numbers whatsoever.
NOWHERE does it say Classic servers are the same size as Retail.

NOWHERE!

1 Like

Nowhere has anything ever stated that classic servers began smaller than retail.

The default stance is that they are the same size.

If Classic was the same size, and then capacity was raised, then the capacity of Classic is larger until retail’s capacity is also altered.

This is pretty basic.

2 Likes

Great opinion.
Much subjective.
Many wow.

Straight A’s :wink:

Not my fault people can’t respect decorum.

Back to the point.

There is no evidence supporting or denying that Classic servers are smaller, larger or the same size as retail.

We all know this.

Why are we pretending otherwise?

Oh you went to college to talk to people, you win the argument.

You sure seem to be doing the same thing.

If… uh, you honestly believed counting Blizzard-labeled server populations on the login screen was in anyway accurate to extrapolate analysis from…

I… wouldn’t go into a data science career anytime soon

1 Like

And you make this assumption based on what?
Blizzard admitted they underestimated the interest in Classic, sounds reasonable enough they underestimated it so much they had a lower population cap on Classic servers.

No idea, you kicked this stupid argument off. Why don’t you tell us?

1 Like

No, it was going on before I got here.
I just saw one asinine comment and thought I’d throw one in as well.

Anecdotally, and unless someone from blizzard wants to enlighten us, anecdotal and opinion is all we got… my retail server is medium, the classic server I play horde on is medium to high.

In any one of the horde capitals I will see an order of magnitude more players in classic than I do in Boralus.

I can’t compare Stormwind because when ever I go to Stormwind I get put in a shard with players from about 10 other servers. And then that’s about what any of the capital cities look like on medium server in classic.

3 Likes

Not evidence and you know that.