Retail & Classic combined

Yes pre-cata zones are much nicer in this regard. Hit a hub, pick up a truckload of quests (or skip a couple, that’s fine it won’t lock you out of anything), and the rest is up to you. You don’t get herded around from microhub to microhub getting dripfed 2 quests at a time.

1 Like

If you like Pepsi you drink it. If you like Mountain-dew you drink that. But the most vile thing is mixing them into Pepsi-Dew.

1 Like

combining those two would be like combining mayo and soy sauce

i have no doubt someone has done that

2 Likes

Yep. I’d love it, but all the gripes from soloers would be the same as they still have to do the more difficult content if they wanted to progress their character. And which type of combat system are we using? The slower/auto attack feel of classic or the more fast paced feel of retail? Both games play very differently.

I certainly wouldn’t mind more of the rpg elemants from classic getting into the current game. Bring back the class quests eg: warlocks actually having to acquire their companions instead of just being given the spell. I feel that’s been the biggest thing this game has lost over the years.

3 Likes

Heck even just doing a quest to get your special warlock robe or being sent out to Tabetha to create a nice blue wand for your mage were pretty sweet.

Legion was nice in this regard, but they’ve since relapsed hard into one size fits all questing.

2 Likes

as long as we can keep classic graphics and old models. hate the new animations and models.

1 Like

Before they did the 180 on classic, a dev had talked about something they called Pristine Realms that sounded a lot like what you’re wanting.

1 Like

“You think you do, but you don’t” turned out to be correct all along so it isn’t surprising.

1 Like

Problem is that a lot of people mistakenly believe that the “You think you do, but you don’t” commentary was about wanting vanilla WoW or not, but it was really about not wanting just vanilla WoW, with all its imperfections. It’s been shown time and again since Classic WoW’s release that the majority of the players want new conveniences, fixed bugs, etc., which was at the core of the whole “You think you do, but you don’t” statement.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call questing in Classic or Retail ‘adventurous’.

There is a reason why these two are very different.
Classic is the core game, a different approach, more slower and there is a group that like that. Retail is faster and approaches other things differently, thus having a group that likes that. That’s how expansions have been handled and that’s what lots of people like ‘‘Rush to end game and do the instanced content’’.

Some like both but mostly I feel a chunk only like one and same with Retail.

I can’t see them mixing them would churn out some superior game.

They already introduced slower everything, and lots have complained, me included. I’d rather people stick with Classic if they like that and leave those aspects outta Retail.

I feel like the two things they tried to bring back from classic really have not gone over well in SL. Having low loot angered a lot of people and they finally are getting the hint that a lot of people don’t like that.
We still have pretty busted balance almost back to classic levels and again I think a lot of people are not a fan of having alpha classes.

1 Like

Have you guys ever thought about maybe doing something totally new instead of bringing old garbage back and then trying to stop forcing some retail aspects in classic lol. neither one are good anymore why you think people don’t last long in either and just quit go play something else. someone actually needs to use there brain and come up with something new and amazing cause mmo’s ain’t in a very good state nowadays and can’t seem to come up with anything new to keep or get new people interested in long.

2 Likes

Keep 'Em Separated!
Classic is boring as hell: killing boars is no fun.

2 Likes

I feel like Blizzard would need the original devs help to capture that magic and integrate it into retail

But they’ve burned that bridge and would need huge sums of money to get their help and input… if the original devs would even touch such a project of course

1 Like

Since this would be a third game I fully support it :+1:
I don’t want retail to be classic nor do I want classic to be retail however

1 Like

they will have to do something like this eventually i mean i honestly can’t see them going far with classic after wotlk. they needa do something like OSRS where there are updates but they try to keep it as old school as possible.

i mean what happens to those of us who do play classic regularly? we’d fall behind hell maybe even have a hard time finding groups for old raids like MC or something and have to pay for carries. what happens if people find retail garbage what they gonna do? unsub and come back who knows when? at least this way they will have an alternative to play if they choose to and blizz will still be making money.

1 Like

But how would we ever decided whether to call it Cletail or Rassic?

1 Like

But you would get all the quality of life changes!

… you buy that, right?

1 Like

Is it me, or do both of those sound like Pokemon.

It’s probably just me.

2 Likes

Keep Classic GARBAGE out of Retail.

1 Like