Retail boost price reduced, classic still same

Just wondering if blizzard is going to offer the reduced price for classic realms. Seems kind of pointless as a large majority of players are on classic realms these days.

classic is light on content so they don’t need you to go even faster.

1 Like

by classic I mean cata classic…no era. obviously you cant even purchase a boost for era?

The current record for 10-70 on retail is 4 hours 29 minutes. There is just less monetary incentive to pay to skip such faster leveling, only a price reduction makes it palatable to the average person. Leveling in Classic, even with leveling nerfs and joyous journeys is still MUCH longer so can carry a value premium.

This post sounds to me akin to something like, “The thing I want isn’t on sale. The thing that nobody wants is on sale. How does that make sense?”

Also, while I haven’t been keeping up with Retail, but am mildly aware that they are adding some MoP timewalking and calling it something that sounds like an event, and there is a new expansion coming soon, Wrath Classic will convert to the Cata Classic Pre-Patch tomorrow.

There will immediately be new content to level through as new races and new race/class combinations with new quests from level 1.

It might be old content, but it’s also new content. Brand new Cata Classic starts tomorrow, hurray!

:woman_shrugging:

They won’t lower the price because the customer base is potentially larger. Its similar to how cities charge higher toll rates during high traffic times knowing that more people will want to use them, and charge much lower rates on weekends/non-peak times.

Paying to play a game and then paying even more money to not play the game.

It’s actually amazing that anyone pays for this absolute nonsense.

Leveling in Classic takes A LOT longer. You can hit 70 by questing alone in Retail pretty quickly (maybe an hour or two per level?)

I personally enjoy leveling, and I’ve only used boosts that I got with an xpac. That being said, I can understand why some folks aren’t interested in leveling for the x’th time.

rofl i expected to get trolled, but not in the sense that O my, someone has a different opinion than me so they must be wrong.

im completely fine with my own toons as is, was just a question. i am more interested in some minor fixes than boosting a toon, such as the honor gains, etc.