Ret pallies

Well I did, gonna call the forum police on me?

I like mine for PvE. it’s fine. pretty top dps.

2 Likes

Minor inconvenience, I’m having support help me sort it out.

4 Likes

Very strong burst melee for PvP and 5 min CD bubble for uh oh moments.
PvE leaves much to be desired.

My take on it is that they implement more significant changes to Seal of Martyrdom. Mainly that it should do more than 10% damage back to the paladin. Change it from 10% to like 20% and reimplement the SoD beta version that hits 3 nearby targets. This would greatly increase our PvE effectiveness and make the ability punish more if you are using it in PvP without like a pocket healer to keep you alive. Right now the damage it deals back to me feel paltry, i’ll get 4-5 mobs in before i even need to heal myself when questing and it’s basically unnoticable in PvP.

7 Likes

I don’t see why people say pvp is miserable for melee right now. Good ret/enha/rogue all destroys me. They seem to br having the time of their life

Easily healed damage. Stun dispelled. Dead in 1 second when bubble goes down when in that situation. Going deep into the enemy line is risky.

Positives:
Tons of utility
Burst damage
Forum tears from people who don’t know how to run away from a paladin bubble healing.

Negatives:
Low overall DPS compared to other melee
Easily kited outside of Freedom/Bubble being up
Small mana pool
Healing is fairly weak compared to other hybrids (enhance shamans and moonkins having free instant heals)
Very cool down reliant
Easily interrupted locking paladin out of nearly our entire kit
Highly susceptible to Purge and Mana Drains

Concept and flow wise, we are very fun

The issue is two things
-We need buffs across the board, primarily Divine Storm, Seal Damage
-We have dead runes and runes they cant seem to figure out.

You like to hit things with big hammer and smite with Holy Light, this is for you. But we def need help.

As a holy paladin (healer) I legit got told Hpals are not a thing in STV. I convinced them otherwise and we made 1200 coins.

1 Like

Wish it worked like that in randoms. What tends to happen is the Pala runs in, pushes everyone back, kills a person, and then gets out free of charge. Meanwhile their position is now advanced because of them.

Yeah that person sounds like a moron, though at least they were a moron who could still learn new things.

One of my very best pug groups for STV was with an Hpal and we made 1400 coins.

Holy Paladin struggles in STV.