Ret Paladins, How viable will they be?

'Lot won’t a lot will.

It really depends on what you aim for and what guild you decide to raid in, or god knows.

You form a PUG raid. (These were a thing.)

Salvation and kings are a thing too.

I don’t understand all the people talking about balance in here. Vanilla was exactly as the game should have been. You mean to tell me that the class that was the best healer in pvp, arguably best healer in pve due to never going oom and utility, can survive ganks in wpvp, has free mount, should also be a top tier dps? …

This was balanced. Why should every class exceed at everything. The Pali brought exactly what it needed freedom, bops, heals, buffs etc.

Let people play what they want. If he wants to ret, ret on brother there will be hundreds of guilds all struggling to get 40 people to show up two nights a week with proper enchants, consumes, and not stand in the fire. You will be fine even middle of the pack. Try spelladin or just swing the damn nightfall, off heal, rebuff, and be a great team player. And if try hard losers don’t want you in their guild then ask yourself do you really want to play with those kind of people anyways?

1 Like

Until Legion you have zero raid progression on record except for one LFR in MoP and Firelands heroic from Cata.

The first achievement you have on record is Jan 09, which is during the same time frame of the WoTLK launch (Nov 08) and yearly holiday sale.

You’re also bragging about T3 shoulders and gloves that can be purchased from the BMAH.

Color me unimpressed with your vanilla “creds”

Your caustic attitude continues to undermine any other remaining credibility you might otherwise lay claim to.

Probably because no one raids with askandi and the blood drinker is only good for a ret paladin. That scenario is not common practice and will not be streamline in classic. 2h warriors are better on horde, so those enhancement shamans are gonna be real disappointing

incorrect - you want BOTH swinging Nightfall or ideally 3 people to get upwards of ~85% debuff uptime - the OT Warrior can only get around 30% uptime on their own

1 Like

some alliance Fury Warriors ran 2h Slam spec - obviously not as good as for the Horde without Windfury totem - but it is doable for Alliance Warriors if they have either Bonereavers or Ashkhandi

speaking of which - do you have any idea how many guilds died/fell apart over the drama of who to give 2h DPS weapons to?

I was able to get them all when they dropped first because I earned the respect of the entire guild and officer core/loot council - that’s all I’m saying.

1 Like

Any time someone mentions Bonereaver’s Edge you get my +1. That was such an awesome weapon.

1 Like

yea most guilds prio Bonereavers for Warriors and Sulfuras for Paladins - which is a fair tradeoff

1 Like

You must be trolling because you can’t be that brain dead? My oldest achievement is actually from 12/10/08 about a month after they were put into the game, keep making stuff up idiot. No one has Achievements predating the implantation of achievements you ape. So you thinking someone has vanilla achievements just shows how stupid you are. I stopped playing regularly in 2006- 2008 because it was my last years in college and I had life ish to do.

Yeah too bad my shoulders have an enchant on them that you couldn’t even get when the BMAH was added. So there goes that dumb theory you came up with. Who the F would be that pathetic to lie about obtaining Teir 3 gear. My guild was Nerve the Leaders were some douchebag named Popsicles and my dude Naura, My character was named Cinque at the time and i was literally the only Orc warlock with T3 shoulders on my server… Like i said the fact that the raid history doesn’t even have a tab for vanilla Naxx should be enough for you to understand how idiotic the point you just tried to make is.

My credibility has nothing to do with my raiding history. My words are very easy to understand and your pathetic conspiracy theories won’t change the fact that all the points I’ve made in this thread just come down to common sense.

Even back in the glory days of Classic, I got into plenty of 20 man raids as Ret. Even as a 14/15 year old kid who didn’t know jack about how to play the game. I’m sure there will be people willing to take a Ret Paladin as long as you’re willing to keep your buffs active and do what the group needs you to do (off-healing is a nice bonus and it makes people love you)

I wish there was a way to tag Esfand to this post…

??

You must be trolling.

You were so focused on insulting me that you failed to notice you completely undermined your ability to discuss the viability of ret paladins raiding.

You apparently harbor a desperate need for your words to be taken at face value that you raided on this warlock during vanilla.

Well…congratulations! You’ve succeeded not only in “proving” that you raided on horde side during vanilla but also, according to your own words, you’re wholly unqualified to argue this with someone who was a paladin in vanilla. You can’t even speak to the issue as a member of the raid!

Hey. Let’s keep it PG.

Perfectly viable up to level 59 I hear :sunglasses:

Esfand has stated on his stream that while Ret are viable, he admits it requires more work than pures for respectable numbers.

This is pretty much what we hear repeated from other hybrid dps theorycrafters and testers.

Paladins get to be lazy in Classic, they’re giving them 1.12 meaning they get the 1.12 long duration blessings.

Shhhhhh!!!

If all Paladins have to do for phat loots is show up and cast buffs, then they have it made compared to most other classes in terms of raid effort.

Ironically, people would rather have a lazy single button spammer in the back than someone going full tilt next to a fury warrior.

“people would rather have a lazy single button spamm[ing] top heals in the back than someone going full tilt next to a fury warrior at 2/3 dps of any other damage dealer.”