Ret Paladin - Blade of Hanna - AP vs SP - SoR vs Command

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/1000#metric=dps&class=Paladin&spec=Retribution

Now that’s just straight up wrong.

For pvp and pve, use seal of righteousness because its a fast weapon and youre stacking spellpower

1 Like

Kill the priest that was trying to kill the warrior, then kill the warrior :wink:

This is elementary trash-science being performed when so much more accurate, valuable, and in-depth information is already known.

Your title and context do not add up. You say you are dpsing, and suddenly you are holy? How are you going to benefit a ret Paladin that is REALLY pvping or dpsing With this shiz-show?

People could read this and really get into trouble. I would delete this and do Paladins a favor.

Of course SoC does more damage. If you are ACTUALLY ret you are benefitting from AP, SP, and crit, which is going to increase your damage via vengeance. What was the point of this?

What was the point of Necroing this thread?

3 Likes

If you are dpsing as ret you need to step your game up with wbuffs and consumes or you might as well just smack the boss with a healing weapon

A Spelladin build is a 30 point Ret Build. It has Vengeance and Sanctity Aura.

At only 142 spellpower your not judging Crusader. Crusader +Libram +talents is 191 Spellpower.

SoR is 10% SP coefficient on a 1 hander, and 12.5% on a 2 hander, with 50% on its Judgement. However you need a solid threshold of SP to make it work.

You also want +5% haste with a Blade of Hanna, 3% on weapon, 1% gloves, and 1% more on either legs or helm. That gives you 4 physical chances to proc vengeance within 8s.

Wizard Oil and Arcane Elixir are your consumes. You might want to buy a few, Judge Crusader, and give it a go on some mobs before you spend money on that DPS build…its not for everyone.

Only correct answer. Lolret.

Minor correction: you would use frost or shadow oil over wizard. Wizard oils are pretty awful in comparison to all of the other melee boosting temporary enchants. Spelladin builds also are highly reliant on all of the melee consumables such as mongoose and AP elixirs as well.

Rank 3 seal of righteousness has about 8% more spell power scaling than the other ranks for some weird reason, so using it is better past a fairly low SP margin.

All for the build to only work well with the manual crowd pummeler, and still provide worse results than standard ret setups.

That I’ll agree with.

In raids I used it as ret.

However for for Zanth to test SP scaling on Blade of Hanna its a cheap consume until he gets a feel for SP scaling and then measures that against what gear is available to him from his guild.

Its why I suggested he test it first before swapping enchants and and acquiring gear.

Spelladin is solid until you can get 5pc Judgement. Then hybrid is better.

Until then though its solid DPS.

Problem is it doesn’t scale well with virtually no weapon scaling in later content pushes and the limits on how much SP you can stack to make up for it.

And pure AP is better than that. Rets just dont scale THAT well with spell damage and it’s an expensive stat on gear.

It’s not until tier 2.5 that spell power gear is actually our best option, because most of it is free in the set bonus.

Spelladin can do fine, but it’s never best, and hilariously scales better with physical stats than spell damage anyway to the point where running MCP with attack power gear and SoC is stronger.

There’s very little reason to go down the spelladin path unless you really like that playstyle for some reason.

Spelladin was only decent in P1 due to lack of gear options and was like 60% maximum in P2 percentile was. This spelladin meme needs to die.

Also to the person that necro’d knock it off.

1 Like

Holy Shock always disappoints. That being said, I’d run with 21/0/30 or 20/0/31 stacking spell and some way to score more melee crit (either crit or Agility) to up Holy Damage.

But this isn’t a Command build, because it scales off of weapon damage after all modifiers, including Strength. Running Command = Strength. Running Righteousness seems more to = spell and a crit machine mechanism.

Spelladins worked in Tier 2 as well.

But it involved alot of competitive gear that no guild in their right mind is going to give to a Ret for what is a temporary spec due to a lack of scaling.

Two items off the top of my head, Nelth’s Tear and Choker of the Fire Lord, are going to be a hard sell…and quite frankly a foolish choice to let a Ret loot.

Abusing Rank 3 SoR with that much spell power stacking is very competitive with a 1.25s resultant delay weapon…but that haste isn’t going to get better…that base weapon damage isn’t going to get better.

Moreover spell damage gains, outside of Avengers, in the tiers beyond are very very limited for a Paladin.

Avengers + Hybrid is what scales for Rets, Spelladin doesnt.

I posted the same a while back when someone linked Judgement’s video to start a thread on it.

1 Like

Stack everything. It’s the Paladin Way. :wink:

Find me one spelladin paladin parse above the 50% percentile then

1 Like

Why would I waste my time and try and find something that no guild in Classic should allow?

I know it was competitive…for Ret…because I parsed it in Vanilla through data collection.

I love Paladins!, but if I had a Ret in my raid and they tried to loot DPS gear like that I would tell them to toss off!

Some guilds, back in the day, did however. I also tested every conceivable spec I could think of in PvE and PvP in vanilla.

Hybrid in BWL offers comparable damage without stepping on toes of other classes by taking rare drop gear from other classes.

Taking rare drop gear to do it, for a spec that doesn’t scale however, is foolish.

I don’t know who necro’d this, but good god this post aged badly for my guild. Literally haven’t seen an OEB, since, like, our first couple raids. Actually seen a butt ton of Earthshakers, though. In Vanilla, we started disenchanting them we got so many, with only a single Earthshaker.

that’s a top kek right there!

1 Like