Ret is still broken and needs nerfs

These guys, come to the forum saying they are getting one shotted with 30% health, 50% health yada yada. I mean come on, Ret or not - when you are low health and have no single defensive cooldowns up - how can you not expect to get deleted with a single spell under 2 seconds?

You see ret wings you fight em head on? Or a fully buffed lock with CBs incoming?

Well I completely understand there are skill level gaps - looking at the player pool in pvp, we have a most number of players sitting in the R1/R2 bracket (maybe even C2).

I feel blizzard needs to ensure the changes they implement, does not severely impact ret’s performance at higher levels of pvp.

By just looking at the rate of nerfs Rets are subjected to since their rework - just revert the rework and send them back to where they were Blizz. Don’t slowly kill the class again LOL.

1 Like

Yes. It’s horrible. It’s hysterical how only paladins trying to defend how they AREN’T broken. The hunter was slightly OP, and hence they were slightly overpopulating pvp. But the Ret pally is just stupid right now. 7 of 10 ret paladin in last bg. (6 of 10 before that). Other classes have stopped trying

Maybe because ret is fun to play. The current ret isn’t op and has so many useless talents in pvp now thanks to nerfs. Y’all are just mad you can’t get a free kill on rets anymore. Don’t worry blizzard never allows rets to remain good for long.

3 Likes

Blizzard does not agree which is why there are more ret nerfs inc on Tuesday.

are you talking about the nerfs that already went live?

No:

Tomorrow

Yea, there were nerfs already on our damage, those are another set of nerfs on our survivability, which feels completely unwarranted. Damage? sure.

1 Like

Like I said, Blizzard disagrees with you (thankfully)

See, you dont see the real issue that ret paladin has it final reckoning’s dmg % boost. They keep doing all these random nerfs without even touching that talent. There are plenty of times in RSS when I’m getting focused that the defensives are barely keeping me alive

1 Like

The real issue is that rets are too strong.

I am not a game developer or class designer, so I won’t argue about how rets are getting nerfed, just that the nerfs are warranted.

That’s a funny statement. Do you play any other classes in RSS?

ret was def oppressive in pvp, with these new nerfs i dont think ret will be deadge

No, what’s “funny” is you thinking you have any objectivity on this subject. Your post history proves that you don’t, but you won’t see that.

4 Likes

The Ret community asked for mobility and sustained damage. Not burst damage. Blizzard has been ignoring feedback that they asked us to take our time to give them. They want us to move slow as sh** and are slowly reverting us back into not being able to take damage while being sitting ducks. It is very difficult for us to escape damage. We have to take it.

Nerf our damage but if you want us slow, don’t take our sustainability away. If you do, give us some mobility to close gaps or retreat so we can line.

8 Likes

I have been playing paly for 15 years. I always here the same cry baby arguments. Oh you had to bubble to beat me you had to lay on hands to win blah blah. Then we get a rework and everyone and the mother plays there paly. Now them same cry babys are up in arms about to many palys playing. But when i go up against these palys they are laughable. I pit them in there place because i have been playing the class for 15 years. Learn to play a shaman brother

3 Likes

We needed the survivablity and now you are taking that away…….(slow clap)

8 Likes

Not only did they nerf are survivability but they also made a big nerf on are off heals for are partners and hand of sacrifice. So why did they even bother with the changes if they gonna sweep the rug out from under us after a few weeks

5 Likes

Yes because we all know blizzard plays their own games right? They dont have opinions, they just listen to the community.

1 Like

Because of the trashy morons in the #arena. Legit 90% of the people in that forum are either idiots or bought their rating if its a high one. What a bunch of morons.

5 Likes

That’s also funny! And that you avoided my question about playing other classes.

How did those nerfs turn out today?

I have so much power!