Ret Aura fix or change?

Any chance they are actually gonna make Ret Aura and actual Aura and not just a one man buff?

with our 2 ret pallies in a group 1 has to use devo and 1 has to use ret - but on our progression fights 6/10M only one can get the extra wings… :frowning:

at least take it off an aura? give resistance aura back? and just make ret aura a passive?

thoughts?

2 Likes

They should remove it entirely. The Retribution “passive” was never useful nor wanted.

If Blizzard really cared, Retribution Aura would be an aura that reflects damage by X amount, with a cooldown, to prevent rogues from being dominated.

Or, it would allow the Paladin to instantly counter-attack anyone who attacks one of his/her allies.

2 Likes

Convince your guild to find a Holy Paladin, because they’re good in Mythic Prog, especially a Venthyr one, they can help meet damage checks for mechanic skips.

But on actual topic, I feel if you don’t have another Paladin it’s pretty underwhelming because you pretty much have to be in Devo Aura, I would be down with it being Passive for ret and an Aura for Holy/Prot.

Would be interesting to see Ret aura turned into something with more interaction; something that sacrifices small consistencies for a bigger pay out.

Even just changing it to the PvP aura would make it much more usable, even if they had to increase the roof to activate.

1 Like

Have it increase group versatility by 3% ?

1 Like

Might as well just make that the new Devo Aura honestly.

Mana. Remove all existing mana costs except Flash of Light, then turn auras into a toggle which expends mana over time (lasts 20-30 seconds), during that time the Paladin may choose an effect.

For Retribution, could be an AoE slow. For Protection it could be damage mitigation. For Holy, could be a heal. (They could change Holy’s Mastery to reflect this.)

Was thinking it’d be interesting to see a wider assortment of blessings, and have each one generate an appropriate aura with a similar minor AoE effect

I’d prefer not expanding on Blessings, every time we do it ends up with the same annoying concepts.

I’d prefer something that actually is unique to Paladins, which are auras. Auras are a very emotional thing, they’re something that is felt.

I want the enemy to be consciously aware of the effect the aura is having on them, and I want allies to be consciously aware of what the aura is having on them too.

I mean having a large circle centered around a single dude with a large symbol above his head pulsating holy energy that empowers anyone who stands near them would be pretty unique and attention grabbing

If it’s the Paladin, the power source has to be the Paladin. Otherwise it’s just another buff you cast on someone else. It’s not your presence making an effect.

The whole point of being a Paladin is that your presence on the battlefield has an effect on everyone around you.

Now if you want to make an Aura where everyone around you deals constant AoE damage? That would work because it’s the paladin’s presence that does it.

I mean, you cast a blessing on another player and everyone nearby also gets some benefit, the blessing is still yours, the aura it generates is still yours.

It’s like saying that an SPriest who channels the AoE spell on an ally isn’t causing damage, but rather their ally is. Even if you are not immediately shining your brilliance, which is more of a priest thing than a paladin thing, your actions directly help the group and your decisions on who the aura is centered around offers more interactive play.

It’s yours in the same way a warrior’s shout is theirs. It’s just a buff. You can go all the way across the world with the same buff. It’s about your presence.

Your presence should be the factor, not that you cast the buff.

Hell, that gave me a great idea.

Why not give people an action button they can use while in the presence of the Paladin?

I’d love if it was just the old Ret aura thorns effect. At the very least it’d give multiple paladins in a group a reason to stack auras rather than have one devo and the rest on ret aura to greed for wings.

2 Likes

Does Ret Aura finally work properly? I remember it overwriting AW (so effectively decreasing AW uptime) and never used it ever since.

Given that it is just the Ret passive from Legion and BFA as an aura, I would rather see it replaced or just gone.

I’d rather it be replaced with Sanctity Aura (+5% holy damage for self and allies) or have its effects be the original Thorns effects or perhaps something more like Vengeance Aura (and then re-work vengeance aura), where we get a dps boost if our allies take too much damage or suffer loss of control.

The whole idea is that when one of our allies takes damage, the Ret gets mad and hits back harder. The Holy heals. The prot gets tanky and taunts.
So I’d like Ret aura to represent us hitting back harder, but not in such a toxic way where we want our teammate to go down so that we get a damage boost. We should still, even though going for damage, not want our teammates to go down.

I wish it would deal damage back to attackers for party like a party thorns less damage probably. That way one pally could run devo.

1 Like