Restoration shaman or druid healer?

So I am going to level up an alt for a healer. I was thinking either restoration shaman or druid healer. Is there one better than the other? Also, if I am healing as a druid, do I have to shape shift into some creature when I am healing, or can I stay as my normal race a Kul Tiran; do you get a special buff like increased healing while changed into certain animal while healing?

You do have a talent you can opt into that magnifies your healing abilities for a certain amount of time, but other than that-you’d be in your standard character form for healing. Also, there’s a skill you can buy that shapeshifts you into a tree, but it’s entirely cosmetic.

1 Like

Druid is better in most cases. You also have more options if you get bored healing.

For pvp both specs are good from my understanding.

For pve both specs are good, but Druid is better for 5 man content by a mile. I have a few rshams I tank for, and they’re great, but Druid is just better equipped.
Say goodbye to casting a mount!!

1 Like

To clarify on Aetherel, there isn’t a healing form and hasn’t been for a while. There’s a CD you can spec into that briefly turns into a strong tree but besides that you stay human.

Edit: not even to mention that the instant mounting and quest objectives is unquestionably fantastic.

To answer your question completely I’d say druid over shaman. PvE content is a joke as a bear if you’re looking to breeze past it. I played an Enhancement up to 112 and it’s a struggle to survive the kind of pulls that don’t even make me sweat on bear.

1 Like

It depends what content you’re planning on doing. For mythics a druid is hard to top. In raids either one is viable.

1 Like

Not to mention, we get stealth :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really depends on the content tbh, if you mean raid rsham is definitely better as rdruid struggles to stay competitive unless the other healers are afk. In m+ Rdruid is the better spec as it brings more healing throughput and has exceptional ST and AoE heals in addition to bringing a battle res. In pvp, you could go either way however I would say rdruid is overall better in arenas, while rsham definitely has the edge in rated bgs with the sheer amount of utility they bring.

You are incorrect

1 Like

That’s not a “healing form” though, it’s just an old cosmetic toy. It does nothing to your heals. It’s not even a “form” as you’re still susceptible to polymorph effects.

5 Likes

I’m aware.

1 Like

So this was just an error in judgement then?!

2 Likes

No. Aetherel indicated that tree form was merely cosmetic. Jarf clarified that tree form was merely cosmetic which was redundant in his response to Aetherel.

So you think “incorrect”
and “redundant” mean the same thing?

Your post was also redundant.

3 Likes

Yes. They were incorrect in assuming Aetherel was indicating that tree form was anything but cosmetic.

And also redundant in pointing out the same thing.

Also it’s your not you’re.

Lol.
Logical fallacy.
Watch as the poster attacks my grammar (a simple autocorrect) as they get backed into a corner.
Pathetic.

1 Like

Which logical fallacy is it to respond to your critique by clarifying my meaning and then saying you made a grammatical error?

Are you one of those people that just throw out the phrase “logical fallacy” without knowing what it means?

No. Your post was simply redundant and offered no value to this thread, Much like this conversation.

To be specific though, you’re guilty of “ the red herring”

Attempting to redirect the argument to another issue that to which the person doing the redirecting can better respond. While it is similar to the avoiding the issue fallacy, the red herring is a deliberate diversion of attention with the intention of trying to abandon the original argument

Red herring fallacy huh? I’m pretty sure you just googled fallacies until you found that could remotely fit your point.

I didn’t use a red herring. I said the poster was incorrect in their characterization of another post. You responded that I was conflating redundant and incorrect. I responded that I was saying the posting was incorrect AND redundant. You respond blah blah blah FALLACY! I mock you and then you google fallacies until you make a halfway intelligent retort.

My glut of free time is over. You have the floor. It’s likely I won’t respond and you can take that however you would like.

Nothing that Jarf said was incorrect. Redundant? Perhaps. It’s true that all he really did was reinforce what Aetherel already said. By no means was it incorrect, however.

Then you chime in with your half assed reply. You declare that Jarf is wrong, which he isn’t, and proceed to link a cosmetic spell that was already mentioned, casting a shadow of doubt in the thread that perhaps there is a “healing form”. I Squash any doubt with my reply, remind the readers that it’s not a form, nor does it possess any healing qualities.

Generally when you disagree with someone, the onus is on you to explain why you think that is. You did no such thing. You became flustered like an immature child and instead chose to attack a typo I made.

Your presence here today in this thread was a waste of everyone’s time.

Personally I prefer shaman healing over Druid. But I’d think if getting around quick matters too, Druid is the best choice.