Resto Shaman in Horrific Visions

What’s the best way to do the visions as Resto? I recently picked this guy up and I’m rather enjoying the spec. Timewalking dungeons are pretty easy, but I’m having fun with it. I seem to do ok in outdoor questing, although it is tedious to kill stuff soooooo slooowwwlly. But I’m having trouble with the Visions. I’ve only been doing the trash up to the boss and killing Alleria. I have to use one orb just to accomplish that though. How can I hope to clear one of the harder zones? I’m just using my Flame Shock, Lava Burst, and Lightning Bolt (or sometimes Chain). But I sometimes have to spam some self heals. It just takes soooo long to kill stuff that my Sanity drops to half by the time I kill the first two packs and the two guards. I’ve gotta think there’s a better way, right?

Yeah going dps is just way faster then resto. With chain lightning just hit 3 target max and not doing that much damage, you can’t aoe at all and that what making the spec take so long to clear a area but for single target, you pump big damage with IP trait.

When you get more cloak lvl and get more stuff unlock for visions, you will be able to full clear 5 mask as resto. For now i would recommend to just go dps to make it faster and less painful

So you mean actually go ahead and open up my Elemental Spec? Can I use the same gear? May not be optimal, but can’t possibly be as awful as it is now.

Yeah, just go Ele or enh and yes you can use the same gear, you dont need to be optimal for that content, you can change your azerite for the dps ones to increase your dps more and you ready to go.

Thanks. I tried yesterday in Elemental spec and did not do so well. But that was probably a combination of not being experienced with the spec and not changing my Azerite traits (I forgot you could do that).

Roll 3 IP traits if you have them with crucible major and resto does pretty welll especially on bosses. If you can get on use trinkets for damage, those help too