Resto sham stat prior

Is versatility the main stat for resto shams right now? I ve seen a lot of resto sham with 50% of versa.

What do you think?

This is a shot from the hip, but if you see a Resto, I’m guessing they are PvPing, and if they are PvPing, then they’re definitely Vers-stacking for corruption gains, probably with Mastery as a secondary stack.

Otherwise, I thought Mastery was the go-to, even if its relationship with health made it feel awkward.

Resto sham stacking vers since its their best stat for both pvp and pve

Pvp you want vers/mast, pve you want crit/vers

You dont really use mastery for pve, its your 2nd best stat in pvp since haste/crit are not that good in that content.

Yeah, i was checking raider io page and top shamans are stacking versa, droping crit/mastery for versa/haste.

With m+ and pushing super high keys having a bunch of vers does help a lot in reducing the damage and surviving because of it. Having more haste help with spamming more damage with Triple IP trait as resto

When you don’t need that much vers to survive like in raid, stacking crit would be the way to go, like the resto in our guild is rolling with 87% crit lol

If your goal is HPS, then crit is by far the best.

If you’re looking at Raider IO, they’re stacking versatility to maximize DPS in high keys. It’s also why you’ll probably see a lot of people running Crucible of Flame as a major. Once you hit a certain point, most tanks have so much self-healing and survivability and dps are adept at avoiding damage that you have a lot of time to dps. Lava Burst is a guaranteed crit and is the overwhelming majority of your DPS, so crit rating becomes a DPS loss and versatility becomes the go-to. Having a lot of it also has the secondary benefit of reducing damage taken, which is great for something like Tol Dagor during tyrannical.

If your focus is M+, my recommendation to anyone would be focus on healing stat / traits / essences first since everyone will be happier if you keep the group alive, and then start trading them out as you become more comfortable.

They are running high verse because everything hits hard af in higher keys. They run haste because they have to move fast in higher keys. It’s not really the best stat for shaman it’s more so the general stat for 20+ keys for most classes/specs.

Not sure what the official itemized stat weights and such are but as someone how actually plays a lot of Resto, I’ve gotten comfortable with the following:

Haste-20%>Versa as much as you can get>Crit>Mastery.

I like to get my haste to at least around 20-23% to make the hard-casting smoother.

Crit is a decent stat but I don’t feel like it’s super great for Shaman.

Versa helps with everything you need so stack as much as you can.

Mastery is actually really good for Resto, at least for me and you get some uber heals when they’re needed most.