Resto Sham Fated Tier

• Restoration
    • Vault of the Incarnates (2) Set Bonus: Healing Stream Totem now increases critical strike by 15% (was 10%).

• Vault of the Incarnates (4) Set Bonus: Increases the effectiveness of critical heals to 220% (was 215%) instead of the usual 200%.

2 piece will be good.

4 piece might be slightly better than not using tier at all.

I want to thank everyone for voting for our worst 4 piece in the entire game.

2 Likes

i voted for S3. S3 is an amazing set for raiding.

2 Likes

I voted S3 too. First time in a few expansions I have really enjoyed playing rShaman. S1 piece is terrible in comparison… lol. Oh well, I should have voted with multiple characters I guess.

1 Like

Just remember.

If you use cloudburst early you lose the buff.

Its called a democracy! The most vaunted way to do anything!

I meanS1 is high uptime on alot of crit which means more mana through resurgence and its the only set that is both a dps and a healing increase which means its higher value in m+. Will be easy to get 60% crit which means more value from 4 piece as well.

Dont forget that healing stream is also an angle now in keys which has a shorter cd which means even more uptime on the crit buff

Yes, we will probably be at what. 70-80% crit on surge. We were already hitting high crit rates on surge, and with rashoks returning mana is getting ready to be a lot less needed in return.

And the 2 piece will do worse if you use cloudburst totem.

That 2 piece better be fire for how absolutely worthless the 4 piece is, though. We gonna see all these other healers with 4 pieces that greatly bump their HPS and effect their gameplay. So our 2 piece better absolutely dominate to cover up how horrible our 4 piece is.

Thus far rashok’s and beacon are two trinkets I’ve noticed that haven’t had their MASSIVE nerfs reverted. Highly likely no one will use.

I really dont understand where you are coming from with this post. If we are talking about raid, we are getting a large amount of crit and additional throughput during our most important time which is building a cloudburst and in keys its basically a buff to both dps and hps which is arguably the best type of tier you can ask for. Current tier is horrible for keys, only being rescued with the 30% riptide buff. Tidal reservoir is laughably bad for keys and you basically just forget about it and the biggest benefit it gives in raid is the riptide spreading so we get increased healing through the 1% healing per riptide talent so our chainheals are better which is the vast majority of our healing in raid.

20% crit healing increase was really bad in season 1 when we couldnt get alot of crit but currently i can already sit at 45% crit which could easily be 50%+ with the increased ilvl which means with the 2 piece we could get prob near 70% crit meaning that around 2/3 of our healing spells will have a 20% healing buff. This is not amazing by any means but also nothing to scoff at.

Once again. I am not scoffing at it.

I am saying the 2 piece is strong.

I am saying the 2 piece has to be strong because of how horrible the 4 piece is. The crit up time will be wonky in m+ as well, due to it going away if you hit cloudburst early.

If you go the HST route, and drop 2 HSTs at once, it will go away (at least it used to) when the first HST fades. Despite there being a second HST still up.

Yes. Its a strong 2 piece. But its a horrible 4.

Using your 2 piece for a damage increase when you have a cloudburst down means something is being wasted.

I preferred S2 tier.

Just healed a +10 Fort, Tyranical, Entangling, afflicted RLP on PTR as Resto shaman using this tier set.

It was terrible. The S3 tier set feels SO much better and FAR more impactful.

I’ll prolly do some low keys to get it gear for leveling in War Within. But definitely isn’t going to be my S4 healer.

1 Like

Hopefully tuning makes it better, they said it’s going to be tuned higher, maybe it’s still to low, I’m worried now though.

I did though enjoy Riptide focused tier.

I can’t imagine they will make the 2 piece that much stronger. And there is little you can do to the 4 piece, it’s just that bad.

But hey.

You can do slightly more damage.

This is what the forums wanted. Despite not knowing how shaman spells or other tier sets even worked.

Honest question- If the 2 set increases crit chance and the 4 set increases crit effectiveness, then how can the 2 set be good and the 4 set be bad? I don’t heal, but to me it sounds like they go hand in hand pretty well.

I understand if you preferred a different set. My question is merely directed to the specific interaction between the 2 and 4 set for this tier.

Because healing isn’t DPS. You crit in dps and you typically always get full value in a raid setting. You crit in healing and you rarely get full value

Making up numbers here for argument.

If someone is missing 100k health. I heal them. It crits for 200k. I got zero bonus from the 4 piece.

If someone is missing 180k health. I heal them. It crits for 200k. I still got zero bonus from the 4 piece.

In order for the 4 piece to give it’s full bonus, anyone I heal has to be crit and the crit not put them at full health. Any over healing and that removes the bonus from 4 piece. Healers tend to already have a healthy dose of over healing.

2 Likes

So it just leads to a bunch of overhealing. Thanks for taking the time to explain.