Resto Druid Trinkets

I’m having a hard time trying to decide which of 3 trinkets I should use in raids and M+.

Right now I have:
424 Rashok’s Molten Heart (fully upgraded Raid-Finder version)
441 Screaming Black Dragonscale
441 Ominous Chromatic Essence

I simmed the trinkets on QELive, inputting my gear via SimC and inserting a raid log. This is what it gave me:

http://gotnorice.com/TrinketsJune2023.jpg

In Raids, It seems that Rashok’s Molten Heart is still the best, despite me only having the Raid Finder version. I’m not sure which to use as the 2nd. The Screaming Black Dragonscale always seems to sim higher than the Ominous Chromatic Essence, but I have a mastery-heavy play style and I like being able to set my Ominous Chromatic Essence to Mastery. In addition, so many people in my raid have this that I usually get at least 3 secondary buffs from other group members. I’m not sure if QELive is taking any of that into account or not.

For Mythic+, I think that Ominous Chromatic Essence is probably a given due to the mastery. Rashok’s Molten Heart is nice for the mana returns but Screaming Black Dragonscale seems very potent also. Rashok’s Molten Heart sims so well though…

1 Like

Rashok + Dragonscale
No offense but it sounds like you’re showing off… but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.
I recommend you use those two since they are very good for M+ and for Raid.
In case your guild uses the Ominous, you change the Dragonscale.
This way you will optimize your healing and mana ^^

1 Like

Rashok’s + Dragonscale BiS in raid.

1 Like

m+ trinket options follow a different set of rules imo…almost all the trinkets have some sort of niche use which could make them useful, depending on the dungeon. i think most of the trinkets this tier are pretty well designed…which is a first

Remember, lots of M+ resto druids really like to run a dps trinket as their secondary, so don’t feel like you’re locked into anything.

I have a few trinkets which are all useful in m+…i will rotate them based on the dungeon, and composition! For example, if i see that the rest of my team is running the Chromatic essence, i’ll equip mine…

Rainsong & Rashok’s are special because of the team support element that i think scale very well in small groups…and also make your dps happy!

my advice is to not feel forced into anything…and try to pick your trinkets based on the content/encounter - similarly to your talents before a keystone starts!

gl out there fellow druid!
:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

2 Likes

rashoks and dragonscale

theyre both just stupidly good

i havent found any good dps trinkets this time around :confused: i had a normal beacon but just like rainsong i was a dummy and gave it to a friend :laughing:
its probably the only pure dps trinket that catches my eye but all mastery and no int is kinda gross (its like whetstone 2.0)
voodoo doll is okay but pure st, and man idol never procs does it? (and when it does it doesnt do half anything)

no ragefeather this season it seems

i really like rashoks. its the one non negotiable trinket for me. i would never dream of replacing it.
dragonscale’s uptime is super good and since its stats it helps damage and healing. the on use is a meme though.
ward is eh in raid but if you pug m+ its extremely clutch and there are some bosses where its extremely valuable (asaad chain lightning overlap on a squishy dps? chuck ward on them)
i have my eye on essence and rainsong just to try them out. id also like spoils but it drops for everyone but me :melting_face:

1 Like

i need rainsong too…i’m curious to see what the uptime on that trinket is like - because if it’s anything like the dragonscale, i think it would be a nasty combo for dungeons!

ugh, now i feel the need to collect every trinket this season just so we can theorycraft more about combos :sleepy:

yeah im definitely curious
i gave it to my prevoker friend (i think its only champion track) and sometimes we’ll be running between packs and she’ll say something like “oh wow my rainsong procced!” (sarcasm)

shes a bit underwhelmd but prevoker isnt nearly as haste hungry as druid so maybe id like it more :laughing:

1 Like

Not showing off. 3 good trinkets, 2 slots. Trying to figure out how to proceed.

I know Rashok’s is the best, but it’s also the only one where I’m still stuck with the Raid Finder version.

So you don’t believe that Ominous Chromatic Essence is competitive with Screaming Black Dragonscale in Raid, regardless of which secondary stat is chosen and regardless of how many secondary buffs you get from other group members who are also using Ominous Chromatic Essence? I’m not trying to doubt what you said, just trying to clarify, since those seem like some pretty big variables.

Yeah, I’m definitely not one of those Druids. I try to hit Nature’s Vigil at opportune times, throw some DoTs on large trash packs, and even spam some DPS during obvious burn phases in a boss fight (as well as during lust), but I don’t go out of my way to weave DPS into my healing rotation nor do I ever make choices that sacrifice healing for extra DPS. I would never run a DPS trinket (unless I had no better healing trinket options). In the case of Screaming Black Dragonscale, it’s a nice bonus that it’s also good for DPS, but that doesn’t factor into my decision.

1 Like

in that case i’d def hold onto the trinkets you have and just kinda rotate them based on what it is your group wants.

On paper, Rashok’s and the dragonscale seem to be the best combo no matter what, but there are def some other options if you ever get bored of playing one way…for m+ at least

gl! :nerd_face:

Showing off would be that my Druid got the heart in the box last week. His seems a legit question.

update about beacon,

i got a heroic one in my vault. I actually dont like it as much as id thought just because its only damage on a 2 min cd. it has a cast time which is not fun (makes it feel worse than whetstone, which i ran for a good chunk of S1), and im not seeing a massive jump in my overall. i get to pad every 2 minutes and then feel like im scuffed while its on cd.

much prefer dragonscale (ridiculous uptime and helps both dps+healing) or ward

1 Like