Resto Druid ST set 3-piece is far too weak, doesn't work with spec

Oh wow, it saves you a single 1s GCD of casting rejuv a second time, and only if you cast efflor immediately after the previous one ends. Amazing.

Neither is rejuv.

Except it’s a net loss of mana if you’re using it for that purpose. And requires you to put 5 points into a talent just to get that net loss of mana.

Shoo, troll. You clearly don’t play Druid and every post you make just further confirms that.

This phase is moving in a direction that is pushing druids into a full-time healing position that is actually viable, and requires you to use your abilities with forethought into what is going to happen in the fight in the future. Druids can continue to play as off-healers if they want, and then your point is basically true, but if they want to play to the maximum of their class potential as healers they will absolutely see use from the three-set.

When factoring in crit chance with ST and Songflower WB, crit chance from full Emerald Dream gear, and crit chance from Improved Regrowth, along with Living Seed slotted on your chest, Regrowth is about equal to Healing touch in HPM. In addition, it provides a HoT with a long enough duration to use Swiftmend on a target twice, also saving the mana cast of two Rank 1 (or higher, situationally) Rejuvs.

Considering if you want to play your class to its fullest then you should have a 100% Efflorescence uptime, this matters.

This is true without the set effect of Dreamstate, such that if a tank or other melee is in need of a single-target heal, casting Regrowth for the long term benefits of your AOE healing later is always worth it.

Add in Dreamstate, which essentially nearly refunds the cost of that heal and will proc on your Regrowths more often than not; now if you are having mana issues, you should consider rerolling to priest.

1 Like

Bonus effects like this should not be balanced around being stacked with full consumes and world buffs.

Healing is not DPS. If you have “100% efflor uptime”, you’re going to have a ton of wasted overheal.

Uh…no? Not even close? Even with 0 overheal, which NEVER happens, Regrowth still doesn’t come close to HT in HPM.

Even if that were true, Nourish is already way better HPM, and doesn’t require you to stack world buffs and put 5 points into a talent and waste mana fishing for crits.

Okay, but they are. The devs know people are going to go get all these buffs most of the time.

Worrying about overheal on a HoT class that is made to upkeep rather than burst heal is silly. Looking at over-healing as a healer is 100% irrelevant until you run into a point where you’re oom and out of options before fights end.

I posted the math somewhere else already, I’m not doing it again.
Feel free to do this math yourself, but it is.

As for:

Sure, but 5 points spent anywhere else in the resto tree has 0 impact on heals and does not server to setup consistent Efflorescence casts on a group for constant upkeep.

If you’re in a fight for a minute, which is about half the fights in ST, you should be able to consistently roll Efflorescence on one party, Wild growth alternating between two other parties, and lifeblooms on the last and nearly solo heal all but the tank damage.I know, because I have done this, and I used Regrowth to ensure I didn’t need to stop to Rejuv before my Efflorescence casts while simultaneously contributing to tank healing.

I don’t want to posit that we have a great 3-piece, but it’s not useless and your notions on the usefulness of Regrowth are just wrong.

1 Like

Wow… someone who actually knows how to play druid unlike this Astrogazer guy that just wants to instant cast everything. LOL. Yes Regrowth R1 is still worth it. The living seed off the crit can also CRIT and proc Dreamstate. Your net mana gain is much greater w/ a R1 Regrowth crit that procs Dreamstate vs a Rejuv that will never…

1 Like

No they’re not. Living Seed was added in the game even earlier when our crit chance was even lower, and…surprise surprise, nobody took it because it’s hot trash. Then it got buffed from 30% to 50%, which shows that Blizzard has absolutely no idea why it is bad.

This isn’t WOTLK, we don’t have infinite mana to just spam heals nonstop. If there’s no damage going out, why would you keep 100% uptime on efflorescence?

lmao

Whatever “math” you did is wrong because the druid discord has been “mathing” this for a while and every single time, Regrowth is our worst HPM spell by a significant margin.

But plenty more utility, instead of bending over backwards for a meme spec 3pc bonus.

Considering that you have to stack full world buffs and consumes and use a special talent spec just to have it be kind of sort of useful, yes, it is useless. Shoo, troll.

Do you think that like, dev’s maybe, by chance, knew we’d hit level 60 one day and make sure nothing is too strong?

Because damage will go out and Druids are proactive, not reactive, healers. You prep for damage yet to come, not damage already out.

I like how you left out the unless you’re oom part, since every good healer knows that the mana bar should be as emply as possible as a fight ends, otherwise your mana was wasted.

Oh sorry, forgot you need tranq threat reduction lmao

Double checked my druid, 61% chance for regrowth to crit without world buffs, so I mean, not even really. World buffs just make it 74%.

1 Like

If you’re bad at druid and need help, just say so dude.

1 Like

“overheal doesn’t matter! spam efflor 100% uptime even when there’s no healing to do! our lowest HPM spell is good! you’re bad!”

okay troll

People not listening to Chanye enjoy bottom tier druid healing.

3 Likes

Uhhh right now Druids are definitely reactive healers. Optimal play style is spamming wrath/keeping swiftmend on cd until damage goes out then throw out a wild growth rinse repeat. Sure you can lifebloom before but there’s no reason too when you can be using globals for damage and when wild growth is so strong it’s wasting mana.

You could I guess preemptively use wild growth before raid damage goes out but l don’t think that’s effective.

Okay chanye sockpuppet

These responses are from druids with one rank of spells on their bars its so obv lol.

living seed rune needs to give 40% crit chance to healing spells, or 20% and lets all hots crit and can activate dreamstate. It feels bad to run restokin to get rid of mana issues, and feels even worse when your in raid and are using the full resto tree, with no shamans or pallys.

Maybe if your raid is still 4-healing everything

1 Like

I was playing Enshrouded with friends so my last reply was a little lazy.

So, for less than 4% of your total mana, you don’t see the value of a constant upkeep spell on 5 people, at least one of which is guaranteed to take damage? And can be kept up for next to nothing?

Let alone that you’re still wrong about Regrowth’s HPM, the points I’ve already gone over still make it worth casting every 27-ish seconds.

I don’t know what the hardest content you’ve ever done as a healer is, but the way you type your thoughts I’m thinking it’s like 2005 Molten Core.

I agree that Wild growth should be used reactively, but you should still know which party you’ll use it on cause you prepped efflo on a different party and lifeblooms on another. Specifically, in regards to Lifebloom:

First boss: Lifebloom stack on 5 targets, starting 15 seconds before the next Demolishing Smash cast, such that immediately after the cast those 5 players sequentially have their 2-3 stacks expire and heal them for the damage taken. This can be done to 7 people with precise timing but leaves no room for Wild Growth or Swiftmend casts between refreshing so is not advised. This also leaves the druid free to WG a different party and Efflo a third, effectively healing 3 of 4 groups of the Smash damage.

Second boss: Lifebloom 5 (only 5 for the same reason as above) ranged, beginning when the boss is stopped, and stop as he starts moving again, each player will end up with 2 stacks, and these will expire just after the wave of disease dispels is done, healing disease/floor puddle damage.

Third boss you’d be right, damage is sporadic and not predictable enough to bother. Just two or even one-heal this fight if your group is pumpers.

The fourth boss, the first set of drakes, do their knockback on a timer, once again making lifebloom stacking on one party a tremendously mana-efficient tactic for healing one group, and wild growthing another. Efflo is less reliable here during the pushback for obvious reasons, but still useable once melee is back in place.

Fifth boss, as a druid, is same as first boss: all AOE damage here is on timers. You can accurately predict when damage will happen and set up before hand (again, because druid is a proactive healer)

Sixth boss does not have consistent AOE damage outside of touching flames, which do very little damage, so no need to bother for this fight

Seventh and eight boss provide consistent AOE damage via various effects, and you simply choose when to let lifeblooms expire based on who it will heal effectively, and sometimes take the loss on 3 stacks. Otherwise, melee typically one group will always have Efflo and the other WG.

If you’re still spamming wrath, you’re wasting a raid slot. Either heal or DPS. Do not waste anyone’s time still trying to do both when the raid is comfortably three-healed, and some fights even two healed, if you play the class effectively.

First boss you don’t even need to heal it dies so fast if your life blooming tank, your doing it wrong.

Everything else is just reactionary. No need to keep lifebloom stacks up necessarily, not enough damage. Raid is a joke. Bosses die in less than 30 seconds but last 2. If they aren’t than your doing it wrong. Druid doesn’t pre heal your wasting globals just wrath.

Hard to do when your raid is 2-healing every fight.

Huge difference between what a class is capable of vs what you’re stuck doing if you’re in some pug or dad guild with 4 healers on every fight.

2 Likes

Lol you can check my logs we 2 heal every boss and are number 1 horde speed killing boss, but sure you know

Though I don’t think pre hot is bad if you’re not sweating like us to be honest. It’s just eating globals most the time

Since you invited, I checked.
You have good logs overall, as stated specifically in regards to kill times. But what is your priority, your parse or your kill time?
I’m talking about the upper limits of what the class can achieve in terms of HPS, not about how to kill the boss 1 second faster for a speed clear.

I think you also presume I mean to just keep hots randomly rolling all the time, but I specifically mean having things timed for when you know they are coming.
If you wanted to solo heal the first boss, you’d probably keep a hot rolling on your tank to use for Efflo for the melee group, you’d roll 6 lifeblooms on ranged to let them expire after the Smash for 6 random ranged, and you’d have WG ready for another group of melee, and then just WG the last 4 unaccounted for people after the first WG ends. If you kill the boss fast enough, that’s the only Smash, and you can spend your time healing just the tank. This is what I mean by being a proactive rather than reactive healer. Not that your spells are cast before the damage specifically (besides bursting some lifeblooms), but that your spells are planned in advance with intent.