Resto Druid almost 1 Shots in Battlegrounds?

During lunch time today I did 2 battlegrounds and went against this guy both times:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/darkspear/notsorrylol/pvp

I’m sure it was really fun for him and I like a good twinking myself, but this was a little over the top. As a Resto Druid he nearly 1 shot a group of 8 people using Swipe.

• I’m a lvl 33 Elemental Shaman with ~4k hit points. Crit Lavabursts hits for about 500 - 600 damage in the lvl 30 - 39 bracket I’m in.

• He was insta-casting swipe for about 1.3k damage and criting for around 3k with Ferocious Bite.

Our entire team was killed by him repeatedly in our graveyard and both matches were over in about 4 - 5 minutes with our team not even standing any chance of winning. I do want to mention that our little group of graveyard food was able to kill him just before the match ended. VICTORY! Sorta… :slight_smile:

I’m not mad and I had a good laugh, buuuut… I’m pretty sure this isn’t a good thing for PVP and was wanting to figure out what there is to do about this?

3 Likes

If you have a moment, check a look at the guy’s pvp record. He is nearly 100% wins on all of his battleground matches.

2 Likes

trinkets and sockets. if you feel so inclined you can do the same with your alts.

1 Like

He’s a cool guy. Puts tons of effort into his twinks! Gotta appreciate the time and effort.

7 Likes

Ah yes. Most my losses are late joins or purposeful throws lol. Sometimes a team doesn’t deserve my help and I just go around doing my own thing lol. Btw my bites hit for 9k crits. I only ever need 3 or 4 combo points for a bite kill ;p. I do enjoy them GY spawns even if I die lol. I watch a whole team celebrate what little victory that is walking side to side or just standing still for a bit lol kills me every time. I’ve only lost 9 bgs out of my 300 plus bgs ;p
Btw hey shar ill be leveling my 70 druid. Hmu on btag girl :slight_smile:

5 Likes

There’s not really much you can do. It’s prepatch, resto druids specced into feral affinity and master shapeshifter have always done tons of damage in leveling bracket, and he’s twinked.

Whitemend and spellfire setbonus need to be disabled. Still broken.

Yo Shar, it’s Deso.

Just wait the twinks out. BGs offer experience, mostly at the end but also during. Most of the super geared players won’t risk leveling. In a week or so you won’t see many geared like that in your BGs (except for people leveling new twinks but that will be rarer).

Btw, most of you twinks should be picking up a ghost iron dragonling. 3 cogwheel socket trinket.
Legion JC is also good if you don’t have rings with sockets.
Using relics of the past to get appropriate ilvl items.

How’ve you had so many BG’s and dont run the risk of leveling??

Since I’m assuming by these posts you’re in the xpON bracket

It looks like they are leveling that character up. The profile shows them currently at lvl 37.

The result of Alliance losing all the bgs at max lvl is they started playing classic, and made twinks to beat up on people who are still trying to learn their class. They need to make premade groups in lower lvl bgs to even have a chance to compete. It is what it is.

Indeed.
Although when gearing up (sub 50) is so easily accessible since this pre-patch, there is no excuse to not put forth some effort in gearing up.
OMG a fully raid geared Twink! when in reality quest items are becoming new upgrades for them.
We have XPoff brackets and we have XPon brackets, gear efficacy works exactly the same way.

These threads will never stop, or fade away.

Your win loss record does not support that statement

2 Likes

naw just means he cant cut it at max level

2 Likes

lmfao. you really believe this

1 Like

Players make up all kinds of reasons/excuses for personal failure.

1 Like

I know it’s you Deso, I don’t tend to forget chars I spent too much time sitting in SW queing with lol.

Also @Cle sure if I see you on I’m normally offline on btag

what do those cogwheel gems scale to? wowhead must be wrong its saying over 200 of a stat…

its nice either way but i prefer an on use damage trinkey paired with an alchemist one especially after level 45.

This really dosent mean much as many people like this will drop game if they are going to lose.

I assume it counts as a loss if you afk out. If the team is irredeemable I just go have fun in my own way until the end