Rested XP/HardCore Drama

Even the ones within the United States exist for way too long. Blizzard is just lazy

No. it is implying that a few from inside blizz are very chummy with those that created these addons and the path that classic has folllowed has greatly helped these addons.

think about hardcore alone. It is very niche. certain influencers pushed it and pushed it. They even influenced other streamers to join in with the Road to RAg. People are people and when a bunch of streamers are doing something, a large part of the playerbase will want to follow. They want to be a part of it. the harcore servers give RXP more guide income.

Think about hardcore by itself for a second. It is a style of play that almost forces SINGLE player experience with ZERO help from other players. All we have heard blizz tell us about classic is that they felt how important socializing and group play was. And now they suddenly not only SUPPORT single player versions, but are making special servers just for it. How many times have a large portion of players asked for individual servers With RDF? did they get them?

The influence is as close to obvious that it can get.

3 Likes

Man reading this stuff is so tinfoil hat. Where is any proof of Blizzard getting paid? There is none. What about Zygor? Have you missed those 15 years of WoW? Zygor has done that even back in Wrath (!!). It’s not a sudden expose of Blizzard with RXP

That does not apply to guides. How many time do I have to tell you that. I literally gave you an example that Blizzard 100% knows about. It isn’t against their rules. No matter how much you say it is.

Your interpretation does not mean anything against Blizzard’s own interpretation.

You are right. It isn’t set in stone. It is set in sand, and currently that sand says what is going on isn’t against the guidelines Blizzard has set forward.

It isn’t my interpretation it is Blizzards, so no it is not pointless, and quite frankly I don’t care what happens because I don’t use it. What I care about it people spreading misinformation because they don’t like something.

As for details and DBM I’ve already commented on the two. There is no functional way to split off anything from details as it would change the functionality of the AddOn and thus result in a premium version breaking it. DBM however could be changed to sell you boss timers.

No, it isn’t. If you do not buy any of their guides, You still get a farming tool and a profession leveling guide. As well as enough to get any new player to WoW starter.

You know what I find funny about all of this. You guys complaining about Rested XP breaking rules when they aren’t, but don’t complain about the free guides that is breaking rules.

Rule 5: AddOns may not solicit donations.

You don’t care about the rules. You care that you can’t get something for free, and that someone else is making money off their work.

Blizzard employees aren’t helping with Private servers, but some are helping RXP.

Blizzard employees aren’t helping bot companies, but they’re helping with RXP.

exactly, why it likely isn’t tinfoil hat…people do shady things.

blizzard hasn’t allowed paid addons until now.

1 Like

The full text is:

Selling people guides to plug into the addon seems to entirely fit the criteria of a premium version of the addon, and/or being an additional for-pay feature, and/or charge for services related to the add-on. They are obviously profiting off their addon to say the least.

I have no idea why Blizzard hasn’t gone after Zygor, Rested Exp, or any add-on that has set itself up this way because the spirit of the text seems to target profiting off of addons via sales. Even if you want to argue that the lingo isn’t specific enough to restrict the way they have packaged developing these kinds of addons that is ultimately the spirit of the text, and Blizzard can always retroactively update their rules as the times change.

If I was the person who wrote this rule and saw what they were doing to circumvent it I’d absolutely go back to update the lingo because the way they are currently doing things absolutely gives Blizzard the middle finger. The fact that they haven’t seems to imply there are other factors at play.

8 Likes

Thats not the point. The whole point of this accusation is that RXP is paying Blizzard employees to exist. This would apply the same here.

Oh poor child… Tell me you haven’t followed retail without telling me that. Again, literally Zygor that exists since Wotlk have been selling premium guides for over 15 years now. Why is it suddenly in 2023 a shady thing? As if it never happened before? Just because Alex did some random investigating and claiming that Blizzard devs are getting paid without any proof? I’m not saying his video is bullcrap, RXP is full of sh*t and a terrible addon for the community but claiming that Blizzard is getting paid without any proof is very a bold accusation.
The fact is that Blizzard just have been terrible lazy at regulating addons for the past 20 years (and RXP is a hilarious overpriced addon with strange people at the top)

Yeah, I don’t see how anyone can argue that RXP (and paid weakauras too) don’t violate that rule.

8 Likes

Project less. The purchased guides are for-pay features/services. You are denying reality to say they aren’t. Blizzard’s inaction towards Zygor/RXP doesn’t mean the ToS isnt being violated. It means they’re incompetent at enforcing it. That is something everyone ITT already knows.

3 Likes

this is why you’re wrong. it is the point. avoiding it makes you a liar, or ignorant, pick one.

1 Like

I pick none of the 2 because you are trying to change the whole discussion

I’m just waiting for somebody to copy/paste the addon and guide together as a new addon for free.

1 Like

you just confirmed you’re dishonest. boom gotcha. moving on.

1 Like

Very childish behaviour to go with “OK while I dont’ have proof… You have to be the liar, boom gtocha, moving on”
What did I expect in the forums.

You confirmed your dishonesty, not anyone else on the forum. you are exactly what you expect on the forum then too. haha

2 Likes

What dishonesty? What are you on about? Is your tinfoil hat now melting on your head or what

you’ve been caught trying to alter facts or reinterpret facts. you’re a liar. dismissed.

2 Likes

Ah ok so I’m the one altering facts.
C’mon you are being the trolliest troll at the moment. I will probably just blacklist you for now

And it’s the version that lends itself to needing a guide, and if you die, you start over, so you’re just doing the same leveling over and over. Would be almost dumb not to use a guide.

might as well call them rxp servers

3 Likes

As if that was an option. haha, but yes, you’re branded a liar and I’ll be avoiding you. you’ll want to switch to another alt to troll, liar.

1 Like