Restaurant Experience

I’ve been watching Hells Kitchen and other cooking shows, and i was thinking how popular would a restaurant guild be on the server? Where players could meet up and enjoy a quiet dining experience provided by chef(s) and others in a fine dining event. Something held in the evenings. Players would dress in their desired attire and be sat and waited upon by a team (if i could find volunteers.)

The restaurant/Guild name could be something suave or exotic like Meuse Cafe, Fete du Seigneur, or House of Munch for humor. While mastering my cooking skills i am curious and looking for a location or a number of locations across the map that would be ideal for this kind of RP experience if anyone has any recommendations.

My character name is Gerden Ramsea in honor of the cook.

Serving up individual courses, or table courses for visitors and their guests would be a fun event. And present in all current and future RP events. This would be an event best suited for couples in the RP community but all would be welcome.

There are several examples of various food services, mostly however I believe they follow the various events and come as booths. Om Nom Noodles, Mok’ra Noodles… those are the few that pop out to me immediately as I don’t frequent Alliance.

I think this could be a really fabulous idea! Doing a stationary restaurant in some of the accessible areas of Stormwind or Boralus or other cities could provide a lovely experience!

My only advice is when tackling this, to keep it simple and sweet to begin. Find an interesting concept and stick to it.

3 Likes

Not sure if this individual plays still but I remember Tilly Pot running a Bakery a while back in Stormwind.

I’m sure there are more, I just can’t think of any more off hand :<

I was thinking at first of keeping it zone relatable. The culinary experience of the local game and wildlife as well as desert choices. So if a dinner event was hosted in Uldum, it would be the Prime of the Desert Menu.

If we hosted in Kul’Tiras it could be seafood related surplus. And it would be a weekly experience, gives the cook(s) a chance to collect the local ingredients for the dishes. Fishing and farming is a tedious task. Think when it comes to fishing we could add some flare to the size of each fish caught so guests can choose the size they desire.

Of course to make it a full experience the pricing would vary on the dish. I don’t yet know all the dishes but based on the challenge of the ingredients, it would affect the fare cost.

Could even do catering for a specific guild event for a specific location. Reservations would be posted in advance to ensure time and meal preparation, unless some people enjoy having the food cooked in front of them.

Even player weddings would be catered to. Just waiting on blizzard to introduce a toy for a giant wedding cake. Or other decorations like rice to throw.

you would have to do it a or near the cooking trainers in pandaria, seems like a perfect spot to me and my preference in scenery

The pandaren cooking experience was my inspiration as well for this idea. The inn in the Vale has the table space to seat numerous guests who can eat and enjoy. Same with the valley of four winds. Each area has an inn that could function as lounge space.

1 Like

I may be a gnome of peace but I swear by the Old Gods that if I come to your restaurant and you give me a highchair…

1 Like