Respect the artist, and deal with consequences

Yeah the word ignorant popped into my mind and that seemed descriptive. we’re all sailing in a sea of ignorance, its what keeps the world rolling.

3 Likes

I can say bad things about the movie after watching it.

That’s what’s called … what was the name? hmmm … OPINION!

Aren’t you the same guy who kicked up a stink about the auction house?

HAHAHHA oh my god.

edit: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH THIS COMMENT MAN

2 Likes

Oh boo hoo hoo Mythic+++ Gamers crying into their gold plated cornflakes.

lol just teasing. Can’t Wait for SL!!

I am sick when I do look on thee

You’ve made posts complaining about both the auction house makeover and server merges. Two entirely great things for the game.

Theoretically you’ve complained about more of the systems in WoW than I have.

Who’s the actual squeaky wheel here?

You sir are the rankest compound of villainous smell that ever offended nostril

1 Like

You do know people criticize and review the stuff they watch/read right?
Just because you don’t like it that doesn’t mean it can’t happen. The world doesn’t need to protect your feelings.

2 Likes

No

Metacritic, imdb and rotten tomatoes don’t exist.

closes ears and puts hands on ears

LALALALALALALA

3 Likes

It’s funny cause everyone universally loves the WoW art team and world design. It’s just I’ll never recommend WoW if someone is asking for a good story. Gameplay is debatable I guess, but I haven’t been a fan of the systems in BfA.

2 Likes

As a chef, I think it would be silly if I held a tasting(beta) before putting out a new menu item and did not listen to the staff’s feedback about how the dish could be improved.

5 Likes

The story in BFA has been just some really jumbled awful writing really.

It makes me so mad as someone who loved the lore and still to this day reads all the novels.

The battle for undercity takes the cake though i think, but even the attack on Darkshore was hilariously bad.

The night elves… lived in the area for 10,000 years… somehow didn’t know about a secret backdoor the horde knew about… riiiiggghttt…

4 Likes

So you think everyone exists to cater to your demands? So you think the demands you have will further the overall growth of this franchise?

To Revendreth with you! Your arrogance needs fixing.

Imagine being so arrogant you speak for a multibillion dollar company with no officially designated capacity to do so but still presume to have expertise in your capacity to do so…
Do you honestly believe blizzard do not want a passionate fanbase that is invested in the success of their game?
Take the good with the bad, when customers give feedback you listen to it and decide if/how best to act on it. Ions latest post has drawn the battlelines, blizzard are dug in and have misused a large chunk of their time, look at bellulars latest video imagine how awesome wow would be with a new game director that had a similar mindset. Wow team is great its leadership is the issue.

So much to unravel, Blizzard package “art” (to use your term) as both a product and service and sell to the consumer. They are not ultrusts doing this solely for the love of the genre, they are paid professionals in a business (I am sure that is a great deal of satisfaction that it aligns).
Movies are marketed and presented with an expectation (refer to backlash against TLJ as to why deviating too much from a winning formula is probably not a good thing, multibillion dollar franchise being propped up and fished out of the toilet by its streaming arm).

You are entitled to have an opinion just as much as everyone else is allowed to have their opinion. I think wanting value for money is anything but childish and we are at the point where generally every “veteran” wow player is established in life and have their own finances well in order i.e our gametime is very finite and limited we would like maximum exposure to the game and its systems… again it comes back to blizzard want to have their cake and eat it too. They want to keep the existing playerbase and attract more, I feel (being granted limited experienced in this capacity) that they are making bad choices and that a new game director that is pationate about the franchise and can reinvigorate it is needed. Ion and his lets tie systems together approach to the game was good for a while, now its stale and new vision is needed to re-ground wow to what made it great.

Uhh… are you talking to blizzard or the community, because its pretty much unanimous with everyone but you that this is a very important metric that needs to be done right (both Ion and community agree on that).

4 Likes

Oh conceptually its great, its the implementation that is the issue… think about corruptions, I think they ended up in a really great spot and enhanced a stale loot system… it took a few iterations to get there though (the vendor and several balance passes).

I am sure covenants will ultimately be fine, I think it will take a few patches to get there though… basically in ~4-6 months time shadowlands might be a lot of fun.

Oh, oh! Here’s a good one!

Popular insult in the 18th Century:

"You sir, are a Murderer and a Thief! You have killed a Baboon, and stolen its face!"

4 Likes

Respect is earned. Criticism is part of the art world. If you don’t want to be criticized return your paychecks and call it a hobby.

5 Likes

“The tartness of his face sours ripe grapes.”, that guy shouldnt have brought up Shakespeare.

They did tend to go on with their insults tho, really wordy.

You asked for these systems in advance?

I liked the way scryers and aldor worked, and I always wanted WoW to feel like a real game with different pathways, ones that feel realistic. I see this as a step toward that.

1 Like