Respec Knowledge points

I feel like even with alot of good things coming with the patch on this coming tuesday knowledge respecing should have been with it. This is classic change the mistake we made to improve the game territory. Please blizzard. You have admitted alot of things being poor choices(Legendary random drops,Covenant switching,Vanilla servers) and this feels like a very big one that would be an easy fix.

15 Likes

Personally Iā€™m torn on this. I feel there has to be some type of limitations in the respecing of knowledge points. Case in point is right now the Lariat is selling for extraordinary amounts; so all Jewelcrafters will immediately respec into making those the best and thus leave all the other specializations dry. I know as Council Members we had access to the Beta so I do feel for those who didnā€™t quite get as much understanding of knowledge specialization points as we did or took time to read their specializations. I believe if they implement a respec, it should be only one-time per character at most. I can see a free respec being wildly abused by people with multiple alts, and devaluing crafters who took time to specialize in certain things. For example, lets say someone wanted the ā€œTailoring Vestments (Chest)ā€. Currently, I do not have it, so Iā€™d have to pay a crafter to make it. But if I can respec freely, then Iā€™ll just spec into it, make it, and then spec back into whatever next profitable item Iā€™m trying to make/sell. I feel free respecs would just harm the crafters and make the new system severely un-fun. At least right now we can feel pride in the choices weā€™ve made to try to capitalize and fulfill work orders. Iā€™m sure all of this will eventually be moot as we continue to gain more profession knowledge and ā€˜capā€™ all the specialties.

2 Likes

Iā€™d be fine with just adding a respec point system where you can remove knowledge point youā€™ve learned to gain unlearned knowledge points.
Like Dragon Knowledge Shard could grant 1 each and you could have a quest every week granting 5 or whatever arbitrary number sounds fine.

I am against full respec though. This isnā€™t like covenants. It doesnā€™t directly affect the power level of your character and a full respec on profession knowledge would have a major impact on the economy.

1 Like

I wouldnt have a problem with spending knowledge points if the earned rewards actually work. I have full invested all my engineering knowledge into bombs and making sure they dont fail. Today I finally received the final knowledge to hit the last bombs fail less reward milestone. After which I decided to look for someone to use my bombs on, I had 9 bombs fail in a row wasting about 60% of my health while trying to throw someone off a cliff with the warp grenades. Now that I have spent an insane amount of point into Bombs with zero ways of refunding them it feels like im being lied to by Blizzard.

Whats the point of earning these rewards if they are going to be so terrible and have zero ways of changing it? I would consider resetting engineering and relearning and acquiring knowledge points again but oh no its not possible. Not only have they made it so using points on something can be absolutely meaningless they also made it impossible to undo it. This is essentially the 2nd time(scrapping before) ive speced into something that I thought would be fun to have it blow up in my face quite literally.

5 Likes

That definitely sounds like an Engineering problem that certainly needs to be investigated.

Speaking from my own experience in Tailoring and Enchanting; Iā€™ve invested all my points into Rods, Wands, and Runes for Enchanting, so I like that I can make baseline T4 with a high Inspiration chance to make T5; and with Tailoring I went heavy into Cloaks/Hats/Feet/Hands. Iā€™m able to craft high tier profession equipment with high inspiration proc chances. Itā€™s felt good for me, except for the one time where we crafted 9 times to try to turn a T4 Rod into a T5 and the inspiration never procā€™d. My only complaint would be that there needs to be some back-luck protection with the inspiration procs (or perhaps add it to a capstone of one of the inspiration knowledge skill points). Iā€™d definitely be frustrated if I couldnā€™t even make the craft though and it blew up; so I think thatā€™s definitely an Engineering issue that needs to be addressed.

2 Likes

They made it so the wormhole which has been a huge point in engineering requires over 50 POINTS to just regularly operate from past expansions most of which have a 15 minute CD instead of the INSANE 2 hour CD that you cant even pick where it goes.

REAL question is are they trying to make engineering the new Archeology?

2 Likes

Good to see that the Engineering Wyrmhole CD is now 15 minutes. Hopefully this was intentional if it was not ignore this post!

2 Likes