Resolution defaults to 1080p when display input is changed

I have a monitor I share between my new mac mini m1 and my work laptop. I set up Mac OS to use the 1440p “low resolution”, because the highest one only works with 30hz on this monitor.

WoW is set to use the default resolution and 100% scale, and looks sharp and everything works well. If, however, I switch the monitor’s input to the work laptop, when I come back WoW looks blurry. Going into the graphics setting I see the resolution is still set to Default but the scale shows 1080p (at 100%).

To fix it I need to “change” the resolution to Default (not really changing it) and apply. Then it goes back to 1440p at 100% and everything looks sharp again. At least I have a work-around, but this gets old pretty quickly when I’m coming back to WoW once in a while to look at my mission table while working, or if I need to look at some work thing while playing.

The low resolution mode base its resolution on the screen that you currently have wow displaying it on. As far as I know, low resolution mode doesn’t effect the refresh rate of the monitor. What I would recommend you to do is to go into display options, have the mouse over the scaled button and press option. This will should bring up the refresh rate toggle which allows you to set what refresh rate you want the monitor to be in. After that, I would switch of low resolution mode and see if it works.