Reserving Loot

This is just a rant, and probably will not be favored by many. But I just find it pretty annoying how so many guild that are not capable of completing a raid by themselves (needing pugs to assist them) and yet, feel they have the right to still reserve stuff. Like if it’s a full guild run, fine. You do what you feel needs to be done… But the moment you have to invite multiple pugs, I feel that any rights you feel you have to reserving stuff should be thrown out the window. I just feel it’s a slap in the face to all those that come and try assisting you so that you can even get through the raid that week. Again, maybe I’m in the minority of this. I know people tend to favor having a choice, but it’s still annoying.

2 Likes

I think it depends on the number of pugs they need. Just one or two? Yeah reserve everything. Need 12, nah that just needs to be MS > OS +1

2 Likes

I like how you made this very clear. It lets me know that you know you’re sharing your opinion, and I feel completely OK if my opinion and your opinion are different.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I understand how you feel.

1 Like

I think at least 5 is when any rights you have to reserving stuff should be eliminated. Without 5 people (especially if it’s a tank or healer) is meaning you’re not completing that raid without them

1 Like

i mean its just like the groups in SoD and Era that are made to run Mara/BRD with the epic dagger and other specific items HRd by the leader even though it’s a complete pug. if you don’t like the clearly defined loot rules when they are asking for pugs then you are not obligated to join them

Yeah, but he’s just ranting about it. So the post isn’t about the obvious solutions, it’s about the emotion!

2 Likes

I will not join a run that reserves anything.

2 Likes

Agreed.
Bads have to get gear somehow i suppose…

They do have that right, they’re the ones leading the raid. Just the same as you have the right to not join them

During holidays when we lacked some people we asked for pugs to fill, everything was reserved.

However, they were paid gold to fill in and help, I believe we offered 5 to 10k depending on role.

This was a lot better than when I was new to raiding and not realizing all items I would want were reserved and I volunteer-healed a raid through ToGC 25.

When the act of reserving becomes a norm, pug players struggle to find a pug that does not reserve anything. I often hear words against GDKP, but imo they should ban reserving before considering actions against GDKP.

Not exactly a valid fear. The idea of reserve raids becoming “the norm” is balanced by the fact that if everything is reserved then raids won’t get pugs

Not everything but the gears that actually matters are most likely reserved. Turning tide, DST, flares, you name them. Pugs only get a chance to roll on irrelevant gears.

As a GDKP only player, I even had an extremely hard time to find a GDKP group that did not reserve flares so I can bid or be the one to reserve on it. I can’t imagine getting it outside of GDKP runs given that it was difficult even with 150k gold.

A pug joining a guild group late into the patch only HRing DST has a high chance of getting multiple pieces which would net a bigger increase in their character power than just getting DST alone.