Rerolling from DK?

I’m a DK main the plays UH in PvE and Frost in PvP as most DK mains do, and as well as UH is doing in PvE it is slacking in PvP. Frost on the other hand is just not an option for PvE and also seems to be under tuned in PvP in comparison to other classes. I know it has its potential with the CS into pillar combo, but all someone has to do to counter that is side step a few yards away from their ally and stun/fear/disarm you and oops there goes your CD’s better luck next time.(yes I use the dragon stun for the setup as well as blind sometimes to maximize CS) Aside from sometimes getting off that combo frost DK dmg is like hitting players with a wet noodle. I don’t feel like the class is very viable dps spec in anything other the UH PvE, which is why I’ve started to focus on gearing up my hpally these last couple weeks. I’m at the point of giving up on DK and just accepting the fact that it will never be a viable PvP class. I hate to say that because I absolutely love the class, but i just feel as though it doesn’t have the potential that other classes do. The DK (dps) via PvP just seems to be a dead class to me.

One good thing I can say… being a TC in RBG is fun…, but that’s only because I have death grip and can allow my team to focus someone down every 24 seconds.

1 Like

(PVP focused comment) - Most of us feel the same way. Chill Streak is unreliable and our damage outside of that and PoF is very very weak. Not to mention we’re pretty squishy too. Don’t blame you for wanting to re-roll. There’s a reason why DH and DK are both at the very bottom, by considerable margin, of arena representation.

Your not alone. I main a DK and I rolled a mage to focus on PvP because I was so frustrated with how DK is performing in PvP… I thought maybe I could wait until after AWC to see if any DK changes come but that did not happen… So I am glad I re-rolled a few weeks ago so I can get to 60 quickly and get geared. How long will it be before blizzard realizes DK’s are struggling in PvP ??? weeks, months ? who knows when they will get a buff could be weeks and weeks away and it might not ever happen. They tried DK in AWC and DK mains got benched… you would think that would be a wakeup call that changes are needed… but blizz decides to buff pet survivability lol !!! … other classes will get nerfed sure… just like yesterday but DK will still be underpowered. Honestly I do not even feel like logging into my DK anymore…Unholy is gutted in PvP, they gutted unholy in PvE with a 25% main stat nerf, Frost sucks in PvE, and is bottom tier in PvP. yeah im good no thx

5 Likes

Unholy is still pretty good in PvE but the mastery nerf was still heavy handed relative to what the recent nerfs have been. We’re certainly not the most desired class by any means.

In PvP well we have a few niches that keep us “viable” but not much more than that. If you pick up frost you can find a good Arms/Ret/WW and let them do all the work for you. You can do passive damage and wait for CD’s while your heartstop aura messes up the other team.

I gave up and dusted off my main from legion, a druid. I’m so much happier. My DK just can’t hit hard at all. My druid is only 191 currently and I’m seeing 9-10k starsurges already in BG’s. I know a lot of people are undergeared but so what the only time I see those numbers on my DK is with CD’s and luck.

My DK has a 220 weapon and around 27% vers a few weeks ago when I was still playing it routinely. My balance druid has 14% vers and a bunch of crap gear from renown and not even a legendary.

The big thing that gets me is my druid has everything. Big crits? Got it. Ranged? Got it. Good m+? Yep. Good in raids? Yep. Good in PvP? Yep. Mobility? Yep. Utility? Yep Brez+Innervate.

Sorry if I rambled on here but I feel strongly about this. This is the worst balanced PvP I’ve ever seen in WoW. There are lots of stupid OP spec’s and lots of horrible specs.

Our representation in 3’s says it all. Second worst only behind DH. That’s the only place we thrive too.

4 Likes

to second this. I am ilvl 176 on my mage and had a few pyro crits hit for 7-8k in a BG last night and that’s after the conduit nerf yesterday. Already hitting harder on a non geared character with 17% vers than on my main 208ilvl Frost DK with 24% and legendary… my oblierate crits would hit 7k tops if I got lucky. Its sad how gimped DK’s are

7 Likes

3rd to this. I have a super crap geared Arms warrior and Ret paladin. My ret pally at lvl 55 was critting for as much as my then 200 ilvl DK. My arms warrior at 190 ilvl whoops up on people way harder than my now 213 ilvl Dk. Its sad.

2 Likes

Every once in awhile someone comes strolling through these forums to tell people how DK is actually good because they hit X rating or because of the leaderboard or blah blah blah.

I knew the gap would be massive when I saw what other classes were doing but actually experiencing it is another matter entirely. It feels good to hit hard. If an instant cast starsurge can hit 15k+ across the map why can’t a DK hit hard during pillar. If a ret pops wings everyone notices. Tell me does anyone care if a DK pops pillar?

I’m really fed up at this point DK, DH, Warlock needed buffs bad last tuning patch. Mage, Druid, Paladin needed big nerfs and got slaps on the wrist. It’s just the way the season’s going to be, no point in wasting my time on a class that frustrates me.

2 Likes

You should reroll i beat you twice irl

I really love my death knight and I am an unholy player but it really feels underwhelming at 200 ilvl ( I do casual bgs and the odd M+, with world bosses ).
I’m starting to want to bench him considering my 162 balance druid feels like it has more impact in a BG, mind you that is without the legendary or proper conduits.
I don’t necessarily want to main an OP class but I like to feel like I contribute to the team more than a semi crappy base defender. My dots feel weak and outside of burst, I have “fun” tickling healers until a plane falls on them IRL to finish my job.
I’d rather not reroll as I love the flavor of the class but with so many choices out there, it’s starting to be more and more interesting of an idea.

1 Like

Thanks for honesty. I stopped playing my DK but I still like melee so I went ret. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Frost dk needs help, seems the 5% buff they will be implementing would help. But it’s long overdue. Many dks have been suffering for a long time.

Hopefully the community can get an end to ‘suffer well’ memes

Tell me does anyone care if a DK pops pillar?

They care because they know they can troll them by landing a CC or just globaling them to make them reroll lol