Requesting Opinions On Multiboxers

I like playing my characters in a group. I do mostly questing. I work on old achievements. When I’m gathering mats it’s for my own use.

People need scapegoats to feel better about themselves. In the world I rarely get bad response. It’s not unusual for a priest or mage to try to buff my group.

Just another Sunday anti-boxer thread intended to give a platform to people who get upset that other people are selling mats at a reasonable price and blame multiboxers.

1 Like

I’m 99% sure most people who don’t like multiboxing are actually bothered by bots.
They just can’t separate the two because bots run multiple accounts as well.

The actual number of players who were multiboxing was and always has been very small.
The number of bots who travel the same circuits 24/7 gathering or hyperspawn farming is sadly quite large as it is very profitable for them.

1 Like

I had no issue with multiboxers until they started flooding the ah with herbs and ore. It was basically impossible to earn a reasonable amount of gold.

They are now 100% against the ToS. I report them every time I see one now.

That was the end of expansion combined with an uptick in bots.
If you think the tiny percentage of multiboxers somehow impacted that, especially on your tiny no name server, you’re sorely mistaken.

False. Multiboxing is still allowed. Input broadcasting software is banned.
Hardware solutions and the simple alt-tab /follow boxing is okay.

2 Likes

The only time I ever bother to think about multi boxers is when I read a forum thread complaining about them

I’m aggressively neutral in the subject.

1 Like

Ok you’re right. I stand corrected. The input botting software that replicated keystrokes onto the slave toons is 100% against ToS.

But still, when I see them speeding thru Maldraxxus herbing (or the Maw) and I know 100% that there is no way that they just individually clicked to herb that node on all 5 toons in less than 1 sec, I’ll still be reporting.

I think they’re cheaters and a threat to the health of the game.

I think that even without the key cloning software it should be made against the rules, but I doubt Blizzard is going to 100% ban it since they don’t want to lose the income from them.

I love to report them and I love when I get that pretty letter from Blizzard saying my reports helped them punish cheaters.

Hardware solutions can do that easily.
But there is a very high chance you’re seeing bots.
I see quite a few bots repeating the same awkward pathing over and over when I’m camping certain rares.

If this was the case why did they ban the software?
I know of a few people who quit or dropped their extra accounts because of the change that were legit players.
This change cost them revenue from legitimate long time multiboxers.

1 Like

Because the excess was causing them to lose revenue from frustrated players.
They kind of had to find balance to minimize revenue loses from both sides.

At least that is what I believe, tbh I could and probably am wrong lol

In reality, they must have just changed that because it made no sense to allow a software to control multiboxing characters while not allowing bots and auto rotation softwares. If one can’t, so none should.

When Blizz put out that poll to vote for which mount they added to the game it got 162k votes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/poll-choose-the-next-shadowlands-mount/632756

The forums are a fraction of the community and no one, including that person that provoked this thread, knows what the general opinion of the community is on any subject at all.

Happy to see them go

1 Like

God every time I remember this I get so pissed that 55k people voted for that STUPID TREE.
Literally every single other option was preferable and the majority still voted for the worst, I can’t help but believe that was some mass trolling :X
That poll is the evidence that democracy isn’t always for the best XD

and we’ve seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay.

They say it right in their post. People like to think it was targeted at multiboxers because that aligns with their own opinions.

Multiboxers is fine, namely for the sake of RPing which I can understand completely and why people would want to do this. Remember, Multiboxing doesn’t mean people using key registration software.

Though naturally, people who use it to get a unfair advantage, which is node farming, PvP abuse, etc. Basically what people hate it for.

So, my opinion is that I hate people who are exploiting the system that should’ve been dealt with for the longest time (And Blizzard should just start making it a extreme measure at this point.)

1 Like

They always seemed to me to be people with more money than sense. I think very little of them, but I think very little of most people.

Define flooding though. I rarely post more than 25,000 of each herb now that AH doesnt restrict by stacks of 200.

I have only seen multiboxers maybe 5 times since vanilla. I wish there were more around to drive down mat costs. I really don’t understand the hate unless it is just jealousy. Buying tokens to sell is the only thing in game that is slightly pay to catch up. I wouldn’t even say its pay to win. I could sell a token and buy a carry and get a good piece of gear, but still will be way behind those that carried me. Its just a bit of catch up if you don’t have much time. This game is time to win. Everything revolves around how unemployed you are or whether or not you have responsibilities that you take seriously.

As multiboxers are super rare (bots are not multiboxers) I’m indifferent, I tried dual boxing back in The Boring Crusade and Wrath and it was fun but not for me.

stupid delete button lol

anyway…most players arent in here posting at all, let alone about boxing. The ones that hate boxing are generally the vocal ones trying to pretend they represent any meaningful percentage of the player base.
If they did, blizzard would have HAD to have banned boxing years ago.
That they havent makes it pretty clear that boxing isnt the issue some try to make it into.

1 Like