Requesting clarity on what is considered griefing in PVP

That would be between Blizzard and the employee. Highly doubtful any statement about it would be made on the forums, if at all.

I’d tread very carefully. As you are calling out a Blizzard employee publicly, you’ll probably find the link and/or this post removed (as it does breach the forum rules).

1 Like

Maybe some clarity on what the rules are with regarding dispelling world buffs then?

i saw the clip, it seems really unreasonable to me. i really hope blizzard does something about this GM because that is not fair. Dispelling is part of being on a GM server and this GM was obviously just helping his streamer buddy

Probably not, as this is likely not what actually happened, merely what seemed to happen. Game Master won’t do that on their work accounts, or play on them, and have the same capabilities as anyone else on their personal playing accounts. No Game Master would likely risk their job for something like this.

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. If it can be dispelled in-game, then it’s allowed.

5 Likes

There’s a certain case on reddit in the classic wow section where a streamer got his GM buddy, who was in his chat, to ban a guy for dispelling his world buffs. Seems like an abuse of power.

Reddit is not a reliable source. And as I said; if it can be dispelled, then it’s allowed. If a GM banned someone, it was because they were found to be in violation of rules. No GM would do anything for any “streamer buddy” that would risk their job like this.

4 Likes

I don’t think I’m allowed to link anything here but there is plenty of video evidence and chat evidence that the guy was banned because of a request by a streamer to a GM in his stream

unlikely. That “streamer” is talking through his hat.

as for dispelling world buffs. It’s part of pvp. Blizzard define griefng as “doing something you do like”. While annoying, it not against the rules.

4 Likes

There is video evidence of it dude lol

It’s not the first time someone cooked a video to show what they want. I can come up with video evidence that the moon landings was fake. A streamer doesn’t have that kind of clout.

6 Likes
  1. The blues ain’t going to say anything because they don’t speak to 3rd parties about someone’s account.
  2. Coming here basically with a chip on one’s shoulder won’t go well.
  3. That video means nothing because you, nor them, have the logs on their account that got them banned for six months.
4 Likes

it’s not the first time a streamer and gullible fans made an outrageous claim. No GM is gonna risk their job or career do that.

edit: I looked up that streamer is question. He’s well known to pull some shady and dishonest things to get people to push his stream.

5 Likes

You will more than likely not receive a response here. If you’ve a concern and weren’t in game to report it, send the link to hacks@blizzard.com and they’ll deal with it. I’m in agreement that it is highly doubtful that what was being said happened is what in actuality happened, I cannot imagine someone wanting to risk their job over some brief flash of internet fame.

But be that as it may, submit the links to the hacks email. Nothing here will be resolved in the public forum, just like is the case for all other situations. Report it as you can, move along.

5 Likes

My guess is that the streamer was using a private server and passed it off as happening on the official servers. GMs do not have the ability to ban players on their game accounts. They would have to use their work account tools and those do not show them as a character in game.

9 Likes

GMs aren’t allowed to manage cases from realms they play on.

This reduces conflicts of interest.

3 Likes

So for clarification, yeah it is not on a Blizzard server. If it can be dispelled or purged, it is because the game allows it to be. Hopefully this private server gets shut down and if possible, legal action is taken to discourage illegal private servers.

3 Likes

And what a fun way for you to push people to watch this video for more engagement and attention…

To answer the “clarity” question, if the buff can be dispelled by another player, then that other player is not going to be punished for using his ability. If Blizzard does not want the buff to be dispelled, they would make it non-dispellable.

As others have pointed out, this is not something that happened on a Blizzard realm. It was most likely a private realm. But then again, you probably already knew that, and just want to drum up more viewers for the video/streamer.

3 Likes

No I think it’s fair to assume this was a legitimate misunderstanding. If the streamer in question was deliberately trying to pass the whole incident off as occurring on an official server, it would be logical to expect some people to respond in ways such as this thread.

3 Likes

Hey all, a response to this issue was recently posted in WoW Classic General Discussion.

7 Likes