(Request) šŸ¼ Pandaren Model "Tweaks"

When I saw the title of the thread, I was like thinking ā€œcome on dude, the pandaren look greatā€ā€¦ but then I read the thread and I am in full support of this. Great work!!!

2 Likes

It would be nice to see such improvements one day.

2 Likes

I think they thought the different markings/masks would be enough? But funny thing is red pandas have white ears, and they only gave a few face options with white ears only, making it even more limited for choices. That is of course, youā€™re real fussy about itā€¦which I donā€™t think most are, but I am. :slight_smile:

I find the hair choices difficult because they force you into a lot of hair clips, headbands, chopsticks, etcā€¦ And the ones that may not make the head look funky. I tend to agree itā€™d be nice if they broadened things here, and got away from every style having to have something in it. The braids and longer styles are great, just get the stuff out of it.

And going back to the OPs discussion on eyes, I do agree they [the males] seem dull. I actually thought they were going to have a bit of a glowy eye when they first said they were releasing pandas because of the little clips of them. Either way, they for sure could use some livening up.

5 Likes

I 100% agree with the OP. Please update the Pandaren models, even if it were just these simple tweaks. You all did such an amazing job with the artwork in Pandaria; now letā€™s just tweak the Pandaren models a little to capture that same beauty.

3 Likes

Absolutely agreed, particularly on the eyes. :bear:

2 Likes

Iā€™d upvote this x1000 if I could. Wandering Isle has some of the most beautiful Pandaren gear.

I can live with the sameface, but Iā€™d give a lot to separate eye color from markings. And higher rez body textures would be nice. Thereā€™s a clear difference between the fur detail on Pandaren faces and the detail on the rest of the body.

7 Likes

Yes, PLEASE! Thank you for requesting this, would absolutely love to see some updated textures at the very least! And the fact that we canā€™t change our eyebrows/beards/moustaches all separately drives me nuts.

I would honestly glue money to my monitor screen. Those Isle sets are so gorgeous. Why in Shen-zin Su are they not transmogrifiable yet?!

3 Likes

Very true, Pandaren female Warriors look very off because of this. Having a battle scared face might help, which is something I hope they do and inculde options for everyone in a customazation update. More hair, faces, maybe serpeate options from each otherā€¦(Eyes from face)(Eyebrows from facial hair.) Maybe even give us tattoos.

Thank you! and yeah it is very unfortunate usually anytime anything Pandaren is posted it gets hate, Iā€™ve even seen amazing art hated on due to it have a Pandaren character. Its been over 6 years and the hate is still real sadly.

Yep! I think the Pandaren rig and animations are great, and they adapted to the new Legion animations just as well as the other updated races. (Pandaren Male Priestā€™s facial casting Mass Rez is the most adorable thing ever.) But the textures are what I am hoping is adjusted for the most, Iā€™m not in that field but I feel like it wouldnā€™t take much manpower. Any new faces or anything of that nature could be something added to a huge customization upgrade to all races.

Same! But I am very worried we will get ours last? To be honest a lot of the time I feel Blizzard has adopted the same mentality for Pandaren as a lot of the players haveā€¦ I donā€™t truly know how they feel about them.

I have wanted this for so long, even if they become added as extra MoP patterns like we have for the isle pants/belts.

Also thanks for the support everyone! Hopefully we get this noticed! I am glad to see all the positivity and inputs.

4 Likes

I recommend, bear with me here, that we increase the thickness of female Pandaren.

3 Likes

Facial differences would be nice for sure, but Iā€™d settle for just being able to wear a hat that didnā€™t make me bald :disappointed:

6 Likes

I think almost everyone can agree with that. Customization is what keeps players interested in a lot of games. I mean, some games have even created memes due to the customization available.

ā€œIā€™ve got 30 hours logged into Fallout 4.ā€
ā€œOh, how far into the game are you?ā€
ā€œI just finished creating my character.ā€

7 Likes

Fondly remembers his time spent on the character creation screens of games like Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion. Especially Oblivion. So many sliders. :heart:

3 Likes

Sometimes I pull out older games and then I see ā€œooh, sliders, customization!ā€ and realize its like 8 versions of nearly the same face and I die a bit.

1 Like

I love Pandaren! My second-favourite race. And I agree and support your cause, OP. They donā€™t need huge revamps like the other races, but a few tiny tweaks and maybe some more facials expressions would make a big difference (at least to females).

4 Likes

Long overdo, show the pandaren some love! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I donā€™t think they need as much of an overhaul as other races have had, but their texture work could use some updating. Aside from what youā€™ve mentioned, I can think of a few things I have issue with.

Female Pandarenā€™s neck texture does not mesh with their face texture. Itā€™s really jarring when you finally notice it. Itā€™s only really noticeable from the sides of the face, but still, it shouldnā€™t look like that.

Another thingā€¦ robes on female Pandaren clip through their feet. I donā€™t remotely know how that made it by all these years but every single robe model clips.

4 Likes

Hopefully there will be another QaA soon so I can ask about this and have this forum post the link. Glad everyone is giving more issues that I didnā€™t even know about.

Iā€™m going to add a bunch of the suggestions in this thread to my customisation mega thread, thanks!

I for one would LOVE tails on males though. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Iā€™d like to see them get a bit of an update. I really like my female pandaren toons but I hate that they majorly suffer from same face - aside from the coloring/markings they donā€™t look different. I agree with others that while they donā€™t need as big of an overall as many of the races have they still could use some love.

I feel like they could go a long way with customisation by simply separating many of the options currently anchored together, such as eyebrows, moustaches, and beards. This applies to other races as well. For a few examples: Trolls could have their face paint and tusk options separated, several races could have their piercing options separated with facial hair, and so on.

3 Likes