Request for different arena cr per spec in SL...why not?

Yeah levelling an alt of the same class is something I want to avoid and imo isn’t something we should have to do…i don’t want to spend my game time levelling and gearing the same class just so I can mess around at a different mmr…that’s quite the grind.

Id want to spend that time on a different class.

1 Like

You’re playing a class and a spec. Spec is short for specialization, which is one of three options you have to ‘spec into’ for your class. For example, someone may choose the rogue class when they create a character, but they choose to specialize in outlaw, sub, or sin as they progress through the game. This would make them an outlaw rogue, sub rogue, or sin rogue. You unlock specs at level 10 I believe it is.

Thanks, that’s one downside of individual spec CR i hadn’t thought of…though in theory people can already do that but with their alts? It does mean they have to level and gear another character to do it, but the potential for win trading is already there.

100%, could currently be done. This would certainly make it easier. I think the other factor to weigh in is simple confusion/clutter. Blizzard previously refused to balance spells differently in PvP because they thought, even if it was monumentally beneficial, it would create a confusion system of numbers to track (ironic that this has happened regardless with gear scaling).

Can’t imagine with that design philosophy they’d like the idea of 3 rated brackets with a potential of 9 different MMRs going on for one character.

Really?

I had no idea!

Good players play all three specs. Youre a playing a rogue that can play 3 specializations. If you limit yourself thats your own fault

Really?

Only one spec can be played at a time.

You can be a tattoo artist that specializes in one particular style but still do other styles.

End of the day you’re wrong.

Not interested in debating what people identify as, but I do like this idea. I saw some saying it could be abused but I am not sure I understand how. Maybe you are thinking a good player could be 3500 on their main spec then queue their alt spec at low mmr and that’s abuse? Would strongly disagree it is. They could just play an alt of the same class or mess around in 2’s and do the same thing. Do you know how many times I have fought Pikaboo and other r1’s/high level Glads in 2’s at rating they have no business being at? There’s just no logical reason I can think of to not allow this.

Yep good point…I think any arguments of potential abuse of the system is negated by the fact it can already happen now anyway either on their main or likely an alt…but there are so many positives to it.

How would it be easy to abuse? I only ask because if its separated by spec how is it abusable?

If you get MMR/CR based on spec, yes it is likely there will be some pains for people in lower brackets when a Glad player tries a different spec. Of course, people purposely tanked rating for corrupt this tier so I don’t see how this is much worse.

I don’t care one way or the other on the topic, just wondering what are the potential abuses.