[Request] Buff Bar Mover

I need an addon that allows the moving of the player buff bars. I don’t want extra functions, just the ability to move the container.
Basic Buffs used to do this, but it’s not working any more.

MoveAnything

I’ll try it, but it hasn’t been updated since January.

When I tried to relocate the buff bar with MoveAnything, I found that it is actually not applied after any login or /reload. Only after I ran MovAny.API:SyncElement("PlayerBuffsMover") it came into effect.

If you experience the same, a simple solution would be to manually execute
/run MovAny.API:SyncElement("PlayerBuffsMover"). Either type it into the console or create a macro.

If you want it to execute automatically, you could write (https://addon.bool.no/) an addon that has MoveAnything in its RequiredDeps with the following content:

local startupFrame = CreateFrame("Frame")
startupFrame:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD")
startupFrame:SetScript("OnEvent", function()
  C_Timer.After(0.3, function() MovAny.API:SyncElement("PlayerBuffsMover") end)
end)

This would be the best solution if updates of MoveAnything were to be expected, which is apparently not the case. So an even simpler solution would be to paste this code at the bottom of \World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interface\AddOns\MoveAnything\MoveAnything.lua. Just notice that it will be overridden if MoveAnything ever gets updated.

Instead of MovAny.API:SyncElement("PlayerBuffsMover") you can also use MovAny:SyncAllFrames() right away. Because other frames (like ObjectiveTrackerFrameMover) seem to have the same issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment, this helped me on a very similar issue. What a godsend.

2 Likes

Move Anything has been updated, in case anyone wasn’t aware. :slight_smile: