Request: Bring Back GDKP for Phase 3

You can’t be strongly against RMT and support gdkp

They go hand in hand

8 Likes

LOL why? You wouldn’t want some easy quests to be always available for a little extra Gold?

There will always be botting and buyers, hence no GDKP. Makes sense to me :man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

“Hey guys and gals we fixed the game by banning GDKPS” If you look at the AH rn on your server do you think that’s from actual players or from RMT and botting? Tell me, did that fix anything? wow is it a better game now?
You people support the company taking the easy way out crazy

3 Likes

You can’t be strongly against RMT and support gdkp

They go hand in hand

Not necessarily. If I can make enough gold through raiding to buy consumes, BoEs for alts, etc. Why would I need to RMT?

Its people who want to raid log and not farm for gold that do RMT for consumes and other expenses.

5 Likes

I haven’t forgotten that point, and I freely agree that GDKPs incentivize gold-buying, just as any game activity that requires gold incentivizes gold buying: Mounts, BOEs, etc. Banning things that require gold is not the solution, the solution is enforcing the rules.

Respectfully, you also cherry picked a portion of the article that comes after Blizzard’s initial reasoning (which I referred to as “Main Point”) . The sencence directly before yours is: “we’ve been concerned that GDKP erodes traditional guild and social structures that are in many cases the basis of our most fond memories of early versions of World of Warcraft.”

This is the stated reason GDKPs were banned. In my opinion the real reason was to quiet a loud minority of players who have never participated in GDKPs and mistakently think they are somehow hurting their gameplay. I honestly was like this before I tried them, and realized they are the best, and most enjoyable way to play the game.

2 Likes

No. No buying gold for you

2 Likes

Are prices high?

I have not felt strapped for gold in SoD, and I don’t farm a whole lot. Most of the gold I spent was on 3 gnomer epic crafting recipes and my mount. AH prices for consumes seem fine for Warrior items.

2 Likes

You may not need RMT but I bet one of the players bidding on some sweet, rare item did.

That’s the whole point. The money you were using for consumes was likely tainted by a Gold buyer in the GDKP run.

6 Likes

Loooooooooool.

2 Likes

Bring them back.

2 Likes

So the solution is to crack down on gold buying and bots then.

Banning GDKPs is basically blizzard admitting they cant handle RMT/Bots so they go after a symptom of the system and not the actual problem.

1 Like

Not unless they actually ban bots for real, or the system will get filled up with slimebags again. It was very easy to run an honest gdkp before wrath but very hard after.

If gold buying was banned, then people wouldn’t be doing GDKPs to get that cut of gold from Swipers. Whales are the backbone of GDKP runs.

4 Likes

#BringGDKPBack
:expressionless: :bagel:

1 Like

If you all want GDKPs back, don’t ask for GDKPs. Ask for the WoW token to be implemented in SoD, because it’s “effective” in combatting RMT. Magically, GDKPs will come back soon after :slight_smile:

2 Likes

such “camaradarie” lol

7 Likes

No. GDKP can stay in the bin of bad ideas.

7 Likes

I vote to bring it back. My only source of income is stalvans reapers from scarlet monastery chests and luckily shaman was fotm so I sold a lot of them…I miss making gold by raiding…not burglarizing scarlet monestery for hours

1 Like

The token really is the best way to combat gold selling. Gdkp ban was useless collateral damage

2 Likes