Request access Microphone by blizzard launcher

I had this happen a few times when I started up the blizzard app. I would get a pop up asking for me to give permission for the blizzard app to access my microphone. Now I had given this permission when I had first installed the blizzard app so I rechecked in the system preferences and everything was still good there. After it happened 3 times, I denied it. I haven’t gotten it since last week I believe but wanted to make sure the Blizzard app hadn’t made some sort of change to the app-based VOIP system it had. Just for clarification, I’m running the Beta version of the blizzard app.

I can get the log if necessary, not sure how useful it will be at this point as I had forgotten about it due to work related stress and exhaustion.

1 Like

Hey, Raîna! I just wanted to make sure, do you have any issues with using the microphone in the Blizzard Application or World of WarCraft if you actively use it? If not, its not too much of a concern, though if it is something you’d like to use later on, these steps might help:

• Could you make sure World of WarCraft and the Blizzard Desktop Application has accessibility permissions? Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility. If they are listed, make sure it is checked.

It’s a bit strange that it keeps prompting for permission each time. Does this happen if you revert back to the standard version of the Blizzard Application? If it also happens on the standard application, does reinstalling the application help? There were some UAC issues causing permission prompts quite too often, which a reinstall should usually fix.

If it only happens with the beta launcher, this is something to report to our Application developers since it may be a bug that needs to be fixed by the appropriate team before the beta is pushed to the live standard client.

Its inconsistent when it happens. It didn’t prompt for a few days then it did again this week for a day or two. When it first popped up I immediately checked in system preferences under privacy & security to make sure the microphone access the blizzard launcher app hadn’t lost it’s access rights I had initially granted it when I first installed it. Everything was fine there, the blizzard app was allowed access.

I’ll try a reinstall if it pops up again which should be this week coming up if history is anything to go by.

As far as if I use it, my guild is using Discord and that seems to be fine. I do have it enabled just in case I do need to use it though. I’ll see if I can get a guildie to test it out with me to make sure its working as its supposed to.

Raîna,

Just replying to see if it’s been back and if reinstalling has helped things at all. We hadn’t heard from you in a while and the forums don’t always let people reply until after someone replies to them - depending on post history. If you haven’t had it happen yet, feel free to leave this be for now, but you can reply to this post if you find that it comes back.

It happened once this past week, week of June 29, where it was popping up asking about the microphone but since that one day, it hasn’t happened since. I can say it seems to be happening usually around maintenance days so Tuesdays. If I notice it happening this Tuesday, I’ll try and uninstall/reinstall of the blizzard app launcher. Sorry, I didn’t respond sooner, work has been rough.

Appreciate the update, Raîna! Let us know if the problem continues after the reinstall.

Wanted to give you an update on things. Apparently Murphy’s law is doing well as it hasn’t happened this week with it asking permission to use the microphone. With that being said, I will wait until next week and if it doesn’t happen then I am gonna assume whatever glitch that was causing it was fixed somehow.

I start experience same issue after update to latest Patch the strange thing is that :
/Applications/World of Warcraft/retail/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS/World of Warcraft

• is requesting access which is the Unix executable inside the app container.
    and i grant access to it but it continue ask me every time i click on character to enter the server.
1 Like

I am also experiencing this behavior for the first time, started with the latest patch. This is pretty annoying.

After the 15th wow prompts me for mic access everytime I launch.

I also had/have the constant request for access to my microphone (which I don’t have on this Mac mini), but now worse problem is that there is an update which won’t go through, and as a result I can’t play retail WOW at all. The update gets stuck in the initializing phase, creating an error message. Others are having the same problem, so I hesitate to waste hours uninstalling and reinstalling.