Reputation quests at 60

I was lvling through Legion and got a quest to “gain friendly” with several different factions. The problem is, I made 60 before I got friendly with the Valaryar. Now, I’m stuck. None of their quest givers show up on my map and some that I know give quests won’t offer them when I click on them.

Is my only option now grinding through the local instance?

Hitting 60 shouldn’t affect your ability to quest. You will need to turn on trivial quest tracking (on the little binocular icon on the minimap) so you can see the quests.

Your other option is waiting for Legion Timewalking and buying rep tokens.

I assume this is in reference to the new expansion due out in a few months? My understanding being that when it hits, Dragon flight will be rolled into Chromie, and the lvl cap will raise so that I will be back to newb status. Which is most likely where I belong honest. :roll_eyes:

Stating this just to be sure I’m not further out of touch than I thought.

I also noticed that once I got one character to 60 I could no longer access the newb channel /5.

It can be a little confusing because Blizzard uses Timewalking as the name for two different things.

You have Timewalking Campaigns (usually called Chromie Time by the community) which lets you level up to 60 using any expansion.

You also have Timewalking event weeks, which is what Laicoris was referring to:

These occur every few weeks and cycle through all of the expansions that have been added to the events. (Right now, Legion is the latest one in the pool.) The Warlords of Draenor timewalking event is active this week. If you look at your character’s buffs, you’ll see one of them is active for Draenor Timewalking.

During a Timewaking week, the dungeon finder will have the option to queue for a random Timewalking dungeon which puts you in one of the dungeons from the current event’s expansion. You are scaled down to the max level for that expansion while in the dungeon, but the gear that drops will be scaled to your current level. You need to be at the natural cap (or higher) for the expansion to access the dungeons.

BC + Wrath: 30
Cata + MoP: 35
WoD: 40
Legion: 45

You can earn a currency, Timewarped Badges. You get 5 off of bosses, 10 for completing a dungeon, and when you kill the last boss of your first Timewalking dungeon during the event, you’ll get a quest for 500 badges (that’s the big source of them each time it’s up). Each Timewalking event has their own vendor that is up during the event (the 500 badge quest leads you to them) that sells stuff like mounts, pets, toys, and as Laicoris mentioned, rep tokens for the various factions of the expansion.

Rep gains are also increased with factions of that expansion during the event.

The Legion event is scheduled for the beginning of April, so it’s not that far off. (I’d still just figure out where you left off with questing when you got kicked out of Chromie Time— it will be way faster than waiting, and at this point I’d save the Timewarped badges for the fun stuff.)

Turning on the Trivial Quest Tracking did the trick. Was still a kind of a pain to find quests in the Valarjar region. Do they just not have all that much?
thanks

There should be plenty to get to friendly. You will have to do the Horde/Alliance quests to unlock all of the Valajar questine, so if you’ve been avoiding those, you should do them as well.