Representation matters

I just wanted to thank Blizzard for the representation of having our characters reflect our real selves. New skin colors, hair options, etc has been a very good progressive mind-set. I’d like to add more gender-fluid options and of course more customization for future content.

My transgender friend loves playing WoW but feels a bit left out because there’s no option to be transgender or even non-binary. There’s a lot of us in the community who would enjoy having these options in-game to help represent ourselves in-game. That seems to be the route that Blizzard took with adding more customization options and I hope my feedback gets taken into consideration.

J Allen Brack has been very supportive, especially with his LGBT shirt at the most recent blizzcon. It brought me to tears to see more representation within the community. Please keep up the good work Blizzard!

74 Likes

This isnt gonna end well

23 Likes

I wish Stormwind would have the Pride event as micro holiday, LGBT inclusivity could fix Alliance population.

4 Likes

It doth not.

1 Like
34 Likes

Too obvious OP. You’ve been eclipsed by way better trolls on this topic.

22 Likes

So you are just full blown degenerate troll now eh? Rethink your life.

11 Likes

Sure there is. Play a character, RP that they used to be a different gender. Voila!

32 Likes

Basically this, just RP

4 Likes

mods should start a mega thread and toss all these kind of posts together.

easier to access/ignore depending how you feel :wink:

6 Likes

Interesting, tell me more.

9 Likes

Yup, you should be able to make a character represent yourself easily.

So, you want the skimpy female mogs on a male character?

There are more of us that really don’t wanna see that, it makes no since in lore.

7 Likes

They tried to but they would rather have the option to either chose between genderfluid (non-binary) or give the option of transgender on the character creation screen.

1 Like

Find it hilarious how over 50% of the likes for the OPs initial post are from the same guild/server.

Probably swapped to each character on one account.

How pathetic.

69 Likes

Can’t they just swap at the barber whenever?

3 Likes

Sigh

/cast summon popcornwell

:popcorn::popcorn:

2 Likes

Sure they can but it would make them feel more included if they had more gender options for those who identify as gender fluid. There’s a lot of people who identify outside the spectrum of male/female.

1 Like

Also 56 likes in 30 min is super sus.

16 Likes

Indeed, my initial post is getting a massive amount of likes now from the same people who liked the OPs one…

Just out of curiosity: if there was a box lets say during character creation that said like

1. Male
  2. Female
  3. 2 Spirited
  4. Trans MtF
  5. Trans FtM
  6. Non Binary
    etc etc

What would actually change, in your and your friend’s opinion, about the character itself. Like, would all pronouns in game shift to neutral ones?

I only ask because since outward appearance does play a rather large role in identification (i.e. how one presents vs how one identifies).

Would it be enough for your friend is there was a check box at creation which otherwise does absolutely nothing?

3 Likes