Reporting/Flagging Posts

They let someone edit their model’s textures?

People were using third party software to edit the models client side for various reasons. The people I personally knew about edited the textures on armors to be more scantily clad.

1 Like

lol ok… nice backflip then, because they previously announced YEARS AGO, that they were no longer going to give numbers, or even announce ban waves, because it wasn’t beneficial to the playerbase.

Please. I’m tired of getting silenced for saying something that people disagree with. I’ve been so much more tame on the forums than I used to be and I still get silenced from time to time for saying something like “gnomes are derps”…

1 Like

A lot of people on GD flagging posts could stand to listen to the words of Tyler the Creator: “Hahahahahahahaha How The — Is Cyber Bullying Real Hahahaha — Just Walk Away From The Screen Like — Close Your Eyes Haha”

3 Likes

I guess it was more than 6 months ago, little over a year on the texture one, but here is them changing their stance on the texture update banwave. There was a separate post where they announced the ban itself.

I would have to find the post where they talked about having just made a ban wave on cheaters but they have been making posts about ban waves. Not sure where they said they would stop doing that.

The only numbers I am aware of Blizzard not making public anymore were sub numbers.

1 Like

Exactly.

/10char

This is a third party system so I don’t expect any fixes or changes.

You’re telling me that 100’s + of players who abuse the system because they didn’t like someone’s opinion will be punish ? I feel like that’s not good enough . Something more must be done to fix the problem towards players who don’t like other people’s opinion .

2 Likes

This. Public naming and shaming may not be “professional” but by Jove it works. Back in vanilla I maintained a thread of names of ninja looters. I was the sole arbiter on who got on the list. Even the mods used my list. Try doing something like that now and say bye bye to your account.

Nope. People who troll don’t care if you ignore them because there are always more people to troll. What you are describing is called “appeasement”

1 Like

No. If everyone who was offended, annoyed by what they perceive as a troll would just ignore them and move on, the problem would be solved.

What you said sounds as if you’d like to control/punish them. I don’t think anyone has that right just for saying things that might upset a few.

The opposite is true. Allowing malicious trolls to overrun a forum with weak moderation is exactly what internet vandals want.

The adult thing to do is report posters who have violated posting rules, not encourage them to break the rules by pretending nothing could possibly go wrong.

3 Likes

Go ahead, and I guarantee everyone’s unpopular opinion will not be safe from the shrimp storm that is GD.

Besides you already know someone’s post isn’t favorable when they don’t have the most likes.

Flagging was only for the purpose of mitigating very bad behavior, but the recent exploits of flagging is to why I am not optimistic the downvote feature will do any better.

some time during WoD iirc.

…it was around the same time when they stopped outright banning, and switched to the suspension volcano.

A lot of the people that are false flagging seriously need to grow up.
Specially when it comes to having a different opinion.
"Omg, someone doesn’t agree with me. REPORTED! "

1 Like

They are intolerant of differences. Sometimes to the extreme, that’s why they want an ability to punish others not like them.

Or we just discipline people who abuse the system instead of the people who said something that the mental five-year-olds don’t like to hear.

They won’t do that.

Of course they won’t, but that’s what they should do.

1 Like