Reporting LFG Advertisements Question

Am I able to report people for selling runs for gold, or just for real money and website advertisements? I just saw a few minutes that advertising can be reported but I want to know the extent of which I can do so.

There are dozens of posts in my LFG tab displaying different websites and discounts for carries and it makes it more time-consuming to find a legitimate group because what could be a normal group slot is then taken by a scraper.

I’m pretty sure that any advertisement in the group finder is against the rules be it gold or real life money

3 Likes

Yes you can!

6 Likes

(Accidentally spammed the Solution button apologies) Thanks everyone.

I call upon Kalviery to banish this thread to the planes of Oblivion

1 Like

Naw we will just counterspell the banishment.

The thread has good info.

If you see it in lff absolutely report it. If you see it in chat you can RCR report for spam if you feel they are doing it too often. Too often is determined by you. However, punishment for too often is left to Blizzards discretion if it is too often or not. In other words just cuz you feel it is spam does not mean it is

1 Like

This post was made before the forums changed over to the new system. But as others have mentioned - it’s good to make this information visible in case folks go searching for it.

Originally posted July 2018:

As part of our ongoing efforts to crack down on in-game advertising, we’ll be implementing some policy changes with how we handle moderation for advertisements made through the in-game Group Finder, and wanted to give you a heads up before these policies are put into place.

Beginning Monday, July 2nd, we will no longer allow any advertisements in the Group Finder for in-game services such as carries or boosts, including those being offered in exchange for in-game gold. The Group Finder is intended for – as the name suggests – finding groups, and these advertisements make it difficult to find active groups that are currently being formed. Additionally, these are often used as a cover for real-money sales, particularly given that in-game gold cannot be transferred cross-realm.

Note that this does not change our policy on selling things such as raid carries for in-game gold. Those are still allowed, but should be advertised through realm-specific methods such as trade chat.

We’ll be adding an “advertisement” option to the Group Finder’s right-click reporting function with Patch 8.0, but in the meantime, they can be reported using the “spam” option. Thank you for your understanding, and for helping us keep the Group Finder clear of unwanted advertisements.

We also updated our Advertising support article as part of this -

The Group Finder is intended for finding groups, and advertisements make it difficult to find active groups that are currently being formed.

This applies to both Real Money Transaction (RMT) advertisements, and advertisements for gold based transactions. RMT is not permitted at all and should always be reported. Gold based transactions can be posted in Trade Chat, but not in the Group Finder tool.

8 Likes

does blizz take some actions? the WTS in LFG doesn’t stop yet…

Yes, they do. Unfortunately, that doesn’t mean that the people trying to “sell” runs etc. are going to stop. Report any that you see and encourage others to do the same. The more reports, the better!

4 Likes

even if you report a group and disappear from the list, you relog and the group is back in the list… so I think reporting only affect your own listing and nothing more…

Yes, that’s how the system works. It’s a temporary ignore that removes them from your list (and from anyone else who has reported them), but it removes the temporary ignore if you log out of the reporting character.

That has no effect whatsoever on the report being received by the right people and having action taken. Reports take time to go through though and are not instant lightening strikes from above :wink:

4 Likes

I’m going to lock this thread since it was a bump from a year ago. However, I can confirm that what Perl has stated is correct.

4 Likes