Reporting IMPOSSIBLE

I swear to you, blizzard makes it next to impossible to report a hack, using the menus to get to report something is like being in a nut house, you go round, and round, loose the subject and be suggested some that have nothing to do with the initial subject. You have to start again with the same result. Extremely frustrating. I don’t believe it’s incompetence, I think it’s by design.

4 Likes

Seems pretty straight forward to me?

Want to Report an Exploit or Hack - Blizzard Support (battle.net)

3 Likes

This post needs some music.

3 Likes

The ticket system is not how Blizz has us report hacks or exploits.

It is accessible via the right click menu in game. You would need to click the character to access it. You can also put in an email if you need to give more details and screenshots or video.

Zach has the right link above that explains it and gives you the email address. They won’t reply, but it gets the info to the Hacks team.

2 Likes

Reporting does seem a bit complicated.

You have to stop all gameplay and focus on it. Then if you go all the way… you sit back and go “will a real person even see this?”

1 Like

Reporting someone is pretty quick and easy via right clicking on a portrait, putting in a ticket is a nightmare these days though, the entire system is deliberately designed to walk you through a never-ending loop of self help articles until you either resolve your own problem, or give up on trying to get help lol

2 Likes

Yup, I tried to put a ticket in 2 days ago and gave up. Couldn’t figure it out and it wasn’t getting me anywhere through all the clicks and loops. Even big name companies let you just click “I want to talk to someone” after a few automated menus. I don’t see that option here. They definitely don’t want you to be putting in tickets.

1 Like

If you ever have issues with that again go to the CS forum. That is an Information Desk with regulars and usually Blues during working hours most days. They can tell you if your issue is something a GM can help with and what the best route to take is. They can also help answer policy questions, explain various game services, account setup, etc.

That should get you at least into the ticket system, a chance to talk to folks about the issue, and some expectations about how long it will take. Right now it is 3-4 days. Ticket queues are really backed up - they handle all the games, not just WoW.

This article also helps figure out if a GM can help you before you waste extra time.

Yeah, there are some great people there, but i have also had some terrible experiences with the regulars acting like they’re Blizzard staff. Mostly they’re just being nice people and trying to help you as much as possible, but there seems to be the odd one here or there on a power trip acting like a bouncer at a Blizzard run nightclub lol

1 Like

Yes, that happens at times. Esp if they detect someone is trying to argue or push an agenda. I do sometimes post and try to change tone back to something helpful. I have been a TS/CS MVP for almost 10 years now.

Just ignore someone being a jerk and focus on the helpful ones. They bend over backwards for people who are polite normally.

Blues and are the same no matter what mostly (although will lock a thread for arguing). The fastest way to set off other posters there is to say “only a blue can post”, or to insult people and degrade them. What? No. Then they want a ticket not a forum.

Heh. Sort of normal for getting help though. People are all better when someone is polite.

2 Likes

Absolutely, I tend to go out of my way to be as nice as possible (even when someone else is being rude), but it can wear a little thin when you’ve been spending hours trying to solve your own issue via wowhead, self help articles, tickets and stuff like that, only to eventually make your way to the CS forums and have some little wannabee blue play gatekeeper.

Luckily i haven’t had any issues for a long time though, just some bitter memories from some visits in the past :blush:

2 Likes

A recording would go " if you accept this mission to put a ticket in an fail blizzard will disavow any knowledge of the attempt. This program will self destruct SOON tm .

Mirasol and Perl are pretty good over on CS if you need help. It’s kind of disappointing seeing a couple people on CS go straight for the throat right out the gate but I’ve generally had positive experiences on CS. As long as you’re polite 9 times out of 10 you’ll get good responses.

Honorable mention to Vrakthis too!

:dracthyr_yay_animated:

Well that is good! At least nothing recent. They also take the tone from the Blues, when Vrak takes the time to look up quests and help folks it tends to make the regs do so as well, even though GMs (which the forum blues are not) don’t give game tips. It makes the regs stop and not give the “no game tips” generic response.

Most everyone there WANTS to help, their bedside manner is just not always the best. Some are a bit blunt and brusque.

2 Likes