Reported for communication

i was reported for communication. i did nothing wrong. i am only recruiting for my guild. i wait until i don’t see my name on my screen before i hit my macro again. there are people selling runs for gold all the time. and no one reports them… is there anything that can be done. please and thank you.

If you received a social warning, you might consider slowing your macro.

No idea how often that is, but your realm mates probably find it spammy.

If you did not violate any rules, depending on number of reports nothing will happen.

If you are either silenced or suspended, then it likely was treated as spam and you should be cautious of using this macro in the future.

9 Likes

On Live servers, selling runs in Trade Services is allowed.

If outside that, then report.

4 Likes

thanks, they don’t report the people selling raids for gold… i have been told that its 3 people that can text in between posts. do people understand that now is the best time to recruit for guilds.

they aren’t doing in the services channel some are doing in actual trade chat.

There is no hard and fast rule about how often you can post.

Not sure who would advise this to you, but your fellow realm mates aparently do not abide by this.

I’m not sure any more then you are who would be reporting who, but you received the warning so it might be wise to slow your output to the server.

REPORTING

To report a player for inappropriate advertisement, use the right-click option. You will not receive a direct response but we take all reports very seriously.

Might not be the same in Classic.

Ultimately your warning is about you and your conduct, and how other players perceive your content. Not the other players, and how they may or may not be reported.

6 Likes

Then report them.

6 Likes

When I recruit for my guild, I only post in chat at a minimum of every 5 minutes if there is a lot of chat going on and sometimes up to every 10 minutes if chat is slow.

If you’re posting it every 3rd chat line, then it is the same people that are seeing it constantly and they are the ones that will likely report for spam. If you wait a little longer between posting, you’re more likely to catch new people coming into the area.

5 Likes

someone told you wrong. 1 recruit post every maybe 5-10 minutes. If your posting every 3 lines of text thats very much spam.

5 Likes