Replayability appreciation post

I have played WOW since the beginning and took a break during BFA and returned a few months ago. I completely missed Shadowlands and most of BFA. I’ve spent time catching up on Dragonflight, shadowlands, and BFA content. I’m here to express my appreciation for the replayability of this game. I missed so much lore, achievements, gameplay, and collectibles yet in a few months I feel as though I am catching up.

This all had me thinking about my time in WOTLK when I had nearly every achievement completed and how easy it was to go back and get those Classic and BC achievements. I really love the new timeline system where I can alter the world to what I am currently working on. Remix is another great option for replaying old content. I truly hope to see a Shadowlands remix one day. The story in shadowlands is just beautiful, the artwork is gorgeous, and gameplay is fun. I don’t want this to turn into a shadowlands fangirl post so I will move on.

I felt lost returning after missing almost two expansions but I was able to jump right in and play whatever content I chose to play and that is not something I find in other games. There are so many ways to play wow that you can just pick what you want to do that day. I just really appreciate that aspect and it made my return to the game so fun.

Gearing up at 70 is not difficult and soloing old content is still a fun challenge. I love how the community seems to be less negative now. When I played before new players in chat got trolled and I haven’t seen that yet, hopefully, that is accurate to how we treat new players now. The new interface options are amazing, I love that I do not need addons if I want to customize the UI. The new character customization options are great and I can’t wait to see what other additions will come.

I’m looking forward to entering TWW with this new found appreciation for the game and want to encourage other returning players to check out what they missed. It is very easy to go back and replay that content plus it is a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Shadow lands had a rough start but the story was actually pretty cool and I loved the covenant system. It really made you feel like you are a part of things to some extent. BFA was also fantastic though it needed to be experienced when it was live content to really get the just of it but the dungeons and raids are top notch and the BFA music soundtrack is simply fantastic. I listen to it often. Dragon flight is the loser out of the 3 in my opinion. I honestly Can’t stand it compared to BFA or Shadowlands.

1 Like

I’ve nearly finished SL and I will be working through BFA next. I have about 1/4 of it complete from before I quit so I am excited to check it all out. I don’t mind DF but I came in at the end so maybe I’m missing the tough parts of it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me :slight_smile: