Replace Void Torrent in DF

I would like to see void torrent replaced with something similar to Mind Flay: Insanity from MoP. For those who didn’t play during that time: casting devouring plague empowers your next mind flay to deal massive damage.

1 Like

I’d be fine with this IF it caused the empowered Mind Flay to get the Void Torrent animation, or something similarly cool. I take Void Torrent just for the shadow priest fantasy.

1 Like

T H I C C F L A Y

“Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?” god I hate these forums.

1 Like

With Mind Flay being buffed with 6 (!) talents in DF, it will probably not be useful to have Void Torrent as part of the rotation. Although VT may still see some use in niche “swap burst” situations where you need to burst a target down in ~5 seconds.

If you bank 50 insanity and have misery talented, you can apply all 3 dots in a global and hit VT right after, and do some fairly impressive burst over the next 3 seconds. But also, OP’s model would work as well for this niche scenario.

I do like the visual of Void Torrent, though. And I’m skeptical of how healthy it would be to implement Mind Flay: Insanity when Mind Flay already has 6 talents buffing it and is supposed to be a filler.

1 Like

Could also just do Damnation > VoiT

1 Like