Replace malefic rapture with a Devouring-plague-like UA

This way we please both crowds; Aff fans who like dots with UA being our spender, and the others who like malefic rapture instant damage through the fact that it would deal its dam in 4/5/6 sec rather than a much longer period of time. (Maybe a bit longer than Devouring plague for flavor since we’re the dot spec)

Thoughts?

2 Likes

No.

No

No.

2 Likes

Well the foundations of the class are rotten so what do you propose? You can’t pretend people are happy with how it is now

Thinking about it from an on-demand damage perspective is null because it’s a short duration making the complaint void, and thinking about it from a DOT perspective is great because it actually fits. Applying logic I can’t see how you could possibly disagree seeing as it would behave in an incredibly similar way profile-wise while fitting the spec.

1 Like

Thats your opinion.

Ignoring terrible feedback.

I dont really care what people feel. I care that the spec is viable.

MR is a burst window design which is needed in higher end content. The hope of it going back to maintaining dots and spamming a filler is never going to happen If you want that playstyle I suggest classic because its not viable in todays game.

Starting with yours. Affliction smells like cabbage and hotdog water right now.

https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankings/season-df-3/all/world/leaderboards-strict
Affliction less than 1% of mythic pop, so little it doesn’t even display a bar. lol.
https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/mythic-dps-tier-list
Literally the absolute bottom of the board. lol.

What are you even on about rn?

4 Likes

Yeah, affliction is the reason you’re sub 2k io right?

Even then affliction is only an issue in 2-5 target which is fixed by allowing VT to apply SL.

Changing MR doesn’t actually affect any of afflictions issues. Which means you don’t really know what you’re talking about.

Ok? Not every spec is going to be strong in every game mode. Mplus is counter to afflictions design. Mplus also isn’t the only game mode.

Using icy veins legitimately makes your opinion invalid.

I think the main problem with UA as a single target spender is that it makes it impossible to perform UA’s purpose in pvp which is supposed to be dispel deterrence.

Stacking a big dot up on a single target through spending soul shards is already accomplished by Demo’s wild imps. I wouldn’t get my hopes up of going back to a UA spender when that playstyle is already available in the same class.

Are you suggesting removing the cleave aspect of MR to replace it with a pure single target ability? Hellcaller isn’t even out yet and you want to shoot it in the leg.

Yours just is because it sucks. No qualifiers required.
Nothing supports your take (because its bad and wrong). If it was good it would be played. If it was good it wouldnt be ranked bottom board on every sim site.

Demonology is your active spec because affliction is so good right? :clown_face: lmao.

2 Likes

You not liking it doesn’t mean anything. You’re talking way out of your league.

Warcraft logs says hello

In mythic at all percentiles Aff is performing top on

Volocross
Council
Tindral

It is good and in the top half of the majority of fights as well.

Warcraft logs can’t be argued against.

It is played on a good portion of fights and is the literal BEST spec on Tindral.

Sims don’t mean anything. What matters is actual logs which show Aff in good spots.

Lucky for me I play all three specs. Unlucky for you that you don’t have a clue

1 Like

Perhaps they could keep Malefic Rapture, but turn it into an Aff version of RDruids Flourish cooldown, with dots instead of hots?

It is objectively contradictory to have the spec only use dots to empower a non-dot ability. There are other ways of going about this that fit the spec better and retain a similar damage profile with minimal losses.

Maybe people think I mean a 1to1 copy of devouring plague, so it’s confusing people? I don’t mean a 1to1 copy where UA is instant cast, I simply mean similar to the ability in that is it a short term dot, regardless of if it has a cast time.

5 Likes

No it isn’t. You use all the dots to drain the soul to unleash a powerful attack

Even then game functionality is more important than feelings.

No you just have bad ideas.

Anyone trying to turn Aff into shadow because they aren’t happy with MR is a joke because shadows main damage isn’t from dots.

They can also just go play shadow priest.

If they ever give us Rampant Afflictions for PvE MR would be a great way to spread UA to the other 2 targets.

If they want to add a dot to MR but keep the ability exactly the same as it is now I’d be fine with that too. I am not going to say no to more damage.

Anyone notice the people defending rapture are kind of…unpleasant? Everyone else is making suggestions and critiques and they’re throwing out insults and demonstrating a complete lack of imagination and seem to be unaware that the spec worked better, and was enjoyed by more players, without rapture.

6 Likes

Funny that you mention a lack of imagination, since that’s the biggest issue I have with people who are always complaining about rapture.

There’s so much you could do with rapture and so many ways you could alter it to better fit the spec both mechanically and thematically.

And yet the #1 suggestion to ‘fix’ it is to go back to something we already had before. Never even a new idea.

Where’s the imagination in that?

2 Likes

Peak Legion Affliction (UA) and peak Shadowlands (MR) are about even in terms of number of logs so this isn’t true.

BFA affliction is what we will get with a return of “tuned” Legion Affliction and Dragonflight Affliction has been criminally neglected in the tuning department compared to so many other specs in the game this entire xpac.

Edit: Side Note - It also isn’t doing the spec any favors when Demo has by far the best talent tree out of the other two specs and has been as strong as it has.

Because it gets tiring explaining the same thing to the same people over and over again.

People throwing out bad ideas isnt actually helping the issues.

The game is not the same back then and the only people unaware are the ones that think a sustained dot spec is viable in todays game.

Also I have made suggestions with making VT apply SL and buffing FM

Here we go, pal. Every spec is “viable” what you mean to say is “great” and that’s a difference of opinion, yet again. Like I tell you; you care about “numbers” and yet you keep saying and stating nonsense to me like “I don’t care about numbers” or “I’m not making an argument based on numbers” yet you are here stating “I care that the spec is viable.”

Literally derails your entire points to me from before.

100% is viable and fine in today’s content, you’re just unable to imagine it because, again, you care about nothing but numbers. Tuning is always 100% a thing, never stops, ever. Arguments based on tuning are nonsensical because, again, tuning never stops.

Viable is more than just numbers. I don’t know why you keep rehashing this argument and embarrassing yourself.

It’s not worth it.

Lucky for me my arguments have zero to do with tuning and everything to do with functionality of the spec. I’m sorry you still struggle to understand the specs basics.

No, it’s not in the terms you keep using. With regards to you, again, as many mythic raiders keep demonstrating you mean numbers, a performance based consideration and a result of, again, tuning.

Viable literally means successful.

LOLLLLLLLLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLL

omg, LOL!! Again, here we go. “0 to do with tuning”