Repeated crash to desktop with WoW.exe ACCESS_VIOLATION

Good afternoon,

I am getting a similar error as above. I just recovered my account which has not been played for 10+ years. Everything was fine on char selection screen till I pressed the gear upgrade. If I click that on any char I can login one time, if I log out afterwards it crashes my game with above errors. When re opening wow and getting back to char select screen the chars will not load and it crashes. The only work around I could find, is to very quickly select a char I have no done the gear upgrade to and it will not crash. As of now I am just playing a new created char. This is a serious issue as I am unable to touch any of my very old chars.

If you are currently using addons, even if they are disabled, you need to verify that the developer has updated them to work with WoW 11.0.

Additionally, you can try this fix:

1 Like

The fix is posted above. Likely next reset for a rollout of any changes.

1 Like

It’s NOT addons. It’s the game. They’ve already came out and said as much.

Did you click the link before the rage response? For some players, yes it was addons. For others, it’s the fix I posted above.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.