Rep grinding and why im tired of it

I know the wow community hates when people complain about grinding. I used to hate that too. But now, having farmed for zandalari and going halfway through nightborne and giving up i understand where they are coming from. You cant just use the excuse “its an MMO, its meant to be grindy!” remember when blizzard gave us races for free? and i will admit, there is something about first unlocking an allied race that is really satisfying, but im tired of this system. You do the questline in a few days in a area that blizzard removed flying in to artificially inflate how long the questing takes and then you farm for at least 2 weeks just doing WQs over and over. The problem with this is that… It isnt fun. and i know that sounds cliche but im getting tired of it. rep grinding is just catering to people who have way too much time on their hands ( like me when i was farming for zandalari) and calling everyone else casuals is not going to fix the problem. just to get my allied race i had to stay up till 4 or 5 am bc i cant play in the day and i felt horrible. And i know blizzard isnt forcing me to do anything but when they release on of the coolest looking races and then they lock it behind rep grinding its frustrating. i paid 60 dollars to rep grind and like i said before no one forced me but this is getting out of hand. nowadays i have little free time and i wanted to farm for nightborne and then i just look at the quest chains and the WQs and a sense of defeat came over me. i literally wouldnt be able to complete it unless i stayed up late every night which i cant because i have work now, and im busy until around 8-10 pm. I play wow on and off so by the time i get nightborne ill probably have almost be done with the game.the problem with this is that when i search up how long it takes people say 2 weeks (they said the same thing for zandalari). and this is what motivated me to try it. but then it dawned on me, this isnt 2 weeks of maybe 2 or 3 hours a day, no this is 2 weeks for 4-6 hours a day which is time i just dont have. The community doesnt realize that not all of us can spend half our day on wow and blizzard hasnt realized this either apparently. I dont know how blizzard could fix this, but the rep grind is just so exhausting and is really outdated imo. and if you sat through this whole messily constructed piece i thank you. if you disagree i hope you can at least see some of my frustrations

1 Like