Renown is over and dead in 9.2

Cooking and Archaeology…old recipes ^^

I am beginning to seriously wonder what would happen if we actually went back to a dropped gear only progression system again.

How gigantic would the outrage about having nothing else to work on between tiers be, vs those who complain about borrowed power?

How many of the second would magically turn into the former just to continue to complain?

Basically it like this. rinse and repeat. We have too many as it stands currency and too many reps. Someone went from one to open the vault. I am seeing stars now.

1 Like

This is part of the reason why the community and devs have such a bad relationship.

It really feels like they havent done their dailies to decipher the language the playerbase uses and just making changes based of some imaginary metric.

They just keep pushing systems after systems when we have given feedback saying no its not enjoyable.

Remeber how we use to have 1 borrowed power/expac?

Now we are have to grind out a new system every patch…with the last one being almost obsolete in the same xpac.

As someone that has done all M+ 20’s and 9/10M i can tell you the borrowed power systems are irrelevant and if you hate doing the content you can simply just not grind it…my renown is 61 with my legendary being 235, we are so overgeared for the content we outscale the raid even without the borrowed powers.

1 Like

Soulbinds disappointed the heck out of me. I was anticipating an updated version of the companion/body guard system from WoD and Legion where you’d have the NPC accompany you and maybe offer quests for cosmetics, toys, and what not. Would have made it more meaningful. Obviously they wouldn’t accompany in dungeons, bg’s, or raids.

Good. That’s one borrowed power done.

I got dips on tossing in the first shovel of dirt.

Nearly all of them.

If you don’t read the forum and stay away from shock-news “content creators” you wouldn’t even know what to be mad about.

This is actually the first time I have seen someone think it was “dips” instead of “dibs”, I’m not poking fun I just think it’s funny to see.

Whatever it is…

… I hope it takes up lots and lots and LOTS OF BAG SPACE!!!

Cause I mean, Korthia really showed us what makes a REALLY great zone is having 77 unique items, that could have been consolidated into 3-4, but THIS IMMERSION CRAP IS REALLY GREAT WHEN YOU CAN FILL EVERY PACK SPACE!! AMIRTE?!!

3 Likes

I miss the days when we could just hunt gear and upgrade it and then do other things that we enjoy. Now there is so much grind for power in addition to gear there isn’t much time for anything else.

2 Likes

The way I read it is

We listened! We are removing renown levels!

We are replacing it with something else!

Enjoy the rebranded content that will be time gated for no good reason.

2 Likes

Right? OMG.

I think it’s a cool concept, and I’m totally willing to give it a shot before deciding I hate it. Good gravy, my people!

my resto necro shaman will definitely be resto venthyr shaman in 9.2 - i don’t want or need a handful of haste every so often.

I don’t have a problem with that. That seems more desirable than having to switch soulbinds for every activity. Why would you want that in fact?

This is exactly what I thought when I saw the new unlock. It seems they didn’t listen after all. This new design philosphy of time gating is getting tedious.

So if I main several toons prior to patch I’m still having to do everything and if it’s anything like the relic grind I’m already dreading it. Not to mention the videos they put out. I don’t get what PR stunt they want to pull but they are not exactly making it clear they are sorry at all for the bad content they’ve consistently put out recently.

For the longest time our guild has continued on because we liked raiding with one another but this is by far the first time the entire guild has felt this game just isn’t worth playing anymore.

lol

QUIT ADDING DUMB SYSTEMS.

1 Like

If their job is to pass the word then it’s perfectly appropriate to express your displeasure about something at them. It’s their job to listen and pass it along. Hello???

1 Like

Will this allow me to work on both Renown and the Cypher at the same time? Can alts skip straight to Cypher or do they need some Renown?

Hello, would you be willing to change this? Soulbinds were cool in the 9.0, but if they are not going to be updated, it would be helpful for people coming back to the game or playing alts to not have to catch them up. I don’t know why people would want to grind the previous patch’s system for more power in the current patch, it’s not something I will want to do.

and still no system for catch up renown… no repeatable method is a guaranteed drop yet, why?! 80 even if it was guaranteed that is 80 torghast runs or Mythic runs, but I can still run 8 and not get a single one. come on blizz!