Renown 7 is not letting me upgrade pvp gear

No that’s why he said ‘if’.

1 Like

any questions?

1 Like

So I finally figured this out and can confirm…this is such a stupid way to unlock the pvp item upgrades.

So incredibly unclear lol

4 Likes

WTF would PVPers want to do ANOTHER pointless quest on top of everything else…

5 Likes

Reaching Renown 7 unlocks a quest in your Sanctum, and that quest enables the increased upgrade cap. The quest is given by the NPC that shows you your Renown, so for example, if you’re Kyrian, it’s Iona Skyblade.

Even with your blue post, people are still asking this question every 5 minutes in-game. And you know what? This wouldn’t a problem - and you wouldn’t have had to spend time on this response - if the map UI would show available quests. If it’s supposed to, it’s bugged and it doesn’t.

I don’t want to do quest chains in order to be viable in PvP. I guess I won’t be. Which means I will be frustrated getting destroyed in the coming weeks. Which means I’ll unsubscribe.

1 Like

you dont jsut need renown 7, you need to pick up some quest and hand it in while renown 7.

“I don’t want to play the game to be good at the game, I want teh epic l00tz given to me upon log in! Guess I’ll cry about it”

4 Likes

you can skip those completely and go for conquest gear if youre a chad pvper i guess.

not sure if that has quests/pverequirements too

Lol guys. That joke has been around for years.

While true it’s executed better when some does assume a gender inadvertently. That just seemed like reaching to me so I called it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s not what I said at all, child. If you equate being good at the game to grinding out hours of NPC killing, you’re misinformed. I don’t want to do chores in order to have fun. It’s a pretty simple concept.

1 Like

You want the same rewards given to you for not doing content that other people do.

Your complaint is invalid.

1 Like

The PvP upgrade window says only, “Requires Renown 7.” If it requires more, it should say more. That shouldn’t even need to be pointed out…

3 Likes

Wow, you do read forums…

The quest pops up in every covenant hub when you reach rank 7. It sends you to oribos. It is the single most straight forward thing in this game.

Yoooo, the community managers actually are on the forum! They live! :confetti_ball:

With enough confusion over this and since the requirement isn’t actually just Renown 7, maybe the text on the PvP upgrade vendor should be changed to;

"Requires the completion of the quest “COVENEANT Veteran” (Unlocks at Renown 7)

or

“See COVENANT RENOWN NPC at Renown 7 to unlock further upgrades”

Maybe there is some truth when they said pvp players can’t find vendors :rofl:

1 Like

It literally unlocked for the moment I hit renown 7.

Did not do any quests before at all.