Removing the AOTC mount drop from Fyrakk in S4 is fundamentally wrong

I got this very early in patch, but never has blizzard blocked people from getting the aotc mount before the next expansion prepatch. Even the Shadowlands aotc mount was still obtainable until dragonflight prepatch though Fated season. This change is fundamentally stupid and just adds tot he absurdly oppressive BS FOMO int he game. Blizzard should allow for this to be obtainable up to prepatch as removing it is just player unfriendly. at least make it obtainable in the S4 awakened Amirdrassil.

This is idiotic, and if you set this as a standard all the way back Since MoP then you shouldn’t be arbitrarily changing it now. Its unfair to everyone, including people like me that have it.

4 Likes

it adds value to those who have already gotten the mount.
it adds incentive to those who didn’t get the mount to try harder next expansion.

everyone is a winner.

2 Likes

"It adds value to those who have already gotten the mount.
It adds incentive those who didn’t get the mount to try harder next expansion.

Everyone is a winner."

This is such a massive L take. Heroic raid is heroic raid. The awakened version is no easier than anyone who got it last season after everything was nerfed 500 times. If you get the achievement more than a month or two after season launch, the hardest bosses have been nerfed multiple times already and half the challenge of getting the mount/achievement is gone. AOTC is not about skill. I got AOTC in Ny’alotha while being objectively terrible at the game and I wasn’t even carried either. I top healed a few of the fights as a holy priest. Raiding is just not hard. AOTC is about slaving away on third party guild finders since the in game one is useless or having at least 9 friends that also play WoW and that’s literally it.

“Everyone” is not a winner with a decision like this because people who achieve the same exact feat are not being given the same exact reward. You “i got this thing and now the time period it was added is over so i feel entitled to be the only one to ever get it/only one to ever get it in a convenient way” people are so strange and actively cause Blizzard to make bad decisions that damage the new player experience.

There’s nothing more annoying or disheartening as a new player to an MMORPG than seeing a player on a really cool mount or using a really cool sword/armor appearance, asking them/looking up how to get it only to find out it’s either not available or has a comically low drop rate and needs to be farmed upwards of 100+ times to get.

3 Likes

L take

The mount is cool and should be rewarded for everyone that completes the raid in this expansion - regardless of whether or not it’s seasonal.

Every AoTC mount in my memory has been available right-up until the x.0.0 patch of the new expansion.

There’s no value in an AoTC mount other than saying “I was there” and having another one in the collection, enforcing rarity like this for returning players who are excited to come back for TWW is going to have negative impacts.

I mean… The AoTC mount is literally just a recolor of the drop mount that comes from Fryakk. I don’t see how that’s valuable.

3 Likes

false. the take is stellar. the mount is not cool when the get it.

1 Like

I agree! But I think the awakened raids are actually 10% less boss HP and outgoing DMG? Definitely feels undertuned that’s for sure

Soooo, what your saying is that they should bring back the AOTC mounts from Vault and Aberrus for S4??? Because everyone needs a trophy? Such an L take. I didn’t start playing again until late S2, and still got AOTC from Aberrus. Do i feel bad about not getting it from Vault? No. Because that is what it is.

NOT EVERYONE DESERVES A TROPHY! GIT GUD SCRUBS!

1 Like

it’s certainly much easier, but we have all the strats and addons and practice too… no learning curb.

1 Like

Hate to be that guy but the AotC “mount” from Fyrakk wasn’t even a mount. Not in the fullest of sense. It was a reskin for a mount. There is a slight difference and I believe this difference is why Blizzard removed it when Season 4 began instead of keeping it in like they did with the Jailer AotC mount (although the AotC achievement was unobtainable). Which was obtainable until Dragonflight prepatch iirc.

tbf the only actual AotC ‘mount’ we can compare the Fyrakk one to is the one from Zovaal. As only Shadowlands and Dragonflight have had “fated seasons”. MoP, WoD, Legion and BFA never had a “fated season”.

Which is why I believe they removed the Fyrakk one prematurally compared to the others is because it was a manuscript instead of being a full on mount.

The only actual mount Fyrakk drops is the fire owl and that is on mythic. If you are referring to the manuscript that is not a ‘mount’. It is a manuscript. And that is a fact.

1 Like