#removevoidform

Azagorod is a troll. Anyone who’s spent time in the Hunter forum knows it’s best to just ignore anything he says.

7 Likes

#RemoveVoidform

27 Likes

#removevoidform

27 Likes

#removevoidform

27 Likes

#removevoidform

27 Likes

I was going to add this. Trolls are such sad creatures.

3 Likes

#removevoidform

25 Likes

Pro tip: Just because someone else loves it and you clearly don’t… doesn’t mean its broken.

It works. Maybe not for you, but certainly works for many others. Just because there’s a group on forums that dislike HOW it works, doesn’t mean it doesn’t work.

Otherwise, no one would be at that level
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/20#class=Priest&spec=Shadow

nor here
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/24#class=Priest&spec=Shadow

People are unsatisfied because they dont feel like other class where you press one button and you’re at max dmg for that period of time. Its like I say, “different” and certainly wont fit to everyone’s style.

Half will hate it and other half will love it. Can’t please everyone.

3 Likes

youre right. just because someone else loves it and he doesnt…doesnt mean its broken.

but it is broken. most any shadow priest…including the ones at the top on warcraft logs would agree.

21 Likes

if your looking for sympathy in the #removevoidform thread your not going to find it… open a #keepvoidform thread and im not trying to be a jerk its the truth.

read about all the stuff thats involved with what it takes to make the form viable and factor that all into account when looking at shadowlands

6 Likes

what is this monk trying to do? even Blizzard in his post clearly says that Shadow priest doesn’t work on most content of the game…

19 Likes

#removevoidform

23 Likes

#removevoidform

23 Likes

#removevoidform for sure. I hate the mechanic. I miss the old devouring plague shadow priest. If nothing else, bring back Dragonsoul style shadow priest, it was the #1 spec as it had a great dot cleave and pumped great burst single target when needed.

21 Likes

I would love to lock the game in that state.
With 4 set T13, Dragonwrath, and cunning of cruel.

Ahh the good ol days 1 shotting people haha.

BG’s were my life back when i got that setup for the rest of Cata lol.

4 Likes

I have to agree, voidform’s idea only works for raid content and specifically for raids without huge amounts of movement/immune/fly away mechanics.

It should have never been added into the game because the game is more than just raids and the very design of it goes against dungeons, solo or whatever else content.

Let’s go back to shadow orbs and keep voidform as a dps cooldown/.

12 Likes

It works. Maybe not for you, but certainly works for many others. Just because there’s a group on forums that dislike HOW it works, doesn’t mean it doesn’t work.

Have you clicked on my profile, then? I’m near full BIS, doing high keys, and clearing Mythics. Voidform was designed EXACTLY to cater to the activities I’m doing.

So to say ‘maybe it doesn’t work for me but certainly does for others’ is missing the entire point completely. It certainly does work for me…and that’s where the issue lies. What I am doing is considered niche.

Because of that, I’ll say it again: you need to find activities that cater to voidform and to find the full value of it requires doing:

Chain pulling
Boss fights with no weird untargetable transitions
Training dummy

Which goes very nicely to the links you provided:

Otherwise, no one would be at that level
h ttps://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/20#class=Priest&spec=Shadow

No one is denying shadowpriests are doing high keys. However, it’s exactly this problem. They only function in high keys because mobs have high enough health to see the full value of voidform. In addition, you need to chain pull to make the most of it.

There is also a huge danger component to constant chain pulling: you are putting the tank as well as the healers in a situation where either the tank doesn’t have enough cooldowns to survive constant hits…or that the healer will eventually run oom just for the sake of bringing out the potential of voidform.

nor here
h ttps://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/24#class=Priest&spec=Shadow

Having priests clearing mythics Post Nerf II doesn’t have meaning. What you want to do is to look at parses Pre Nerf and then look at the total number of parses for shadow priests. You will find that there is not a lot…because it’s rare you take them for progression.

The reason is simple: priority kill targets. When you don’t have enough gear, you need to start stacking classes that can do that. Our ramp up style does not allow this to happen.

People are unsatisfied because they dont feel like other class where you press one button and you’re at max dmg for that period of time. Its like I say, “different” and certainly wont fit to everyone’s style.

The class gets progressively worse in comparison with other classes when you get more gear. Other classes simply get burstier with gear…whereas a shadowpriests gets their true potential backloaded even further with gear. It’s how Chorus of Insanity works.

The dissatisfaction isn’t about the difficulty, number tuning, or flow of the spec…it’s understanding that voidform only exists in niche content that allows it to show its full potential. Your links is showing exactly just that. The blue’s post is an admission of guilt in regards to that.

This is a failure in class design.

18 Likes

For you, for some others, but certainly not for everyone.

There’s always one class on top of list and one at bottom, you seem to dislike not being at the top and thus conclude it is broken?

So it is not an issue… its how voidform is, its different… it isn’t build to be click 1 spell and do big dmg for X seconds. They’ve build it as a ramp style…

On overall, what you are simply saying is : I hate how it feels and work, so change it. The class is far from a failure, it simply changed into something that X players loves and Y players hates just like Survival, Demology, Outlaw, etc.

1 Like

Ramp has zero inherent value though. Why build a playstyle around something that isn’t good at anything?

18 Likes

actually its a massive failure. its why shadow isnt taken for progression as previously stated. its not viable for progression outside very few raid encounters. theres a difference between not being top of the meters and actually hurting your raid by taking it.

if youre happy getting carried once content is on farm thats fine. you can still do that after were fixed. the vast majority of us would like to be a part of the progression though without being forced into disc for its gimmick.

5 Likes