Remove World Buffs from Instances

I don’t act like anything about this game is competitive, actually.

1 Like

The irony in your post is that World Buffs dumb down the game.

3 Likes

Could be fun because some additional fight mechanics would need to be observed, until you out gear them, then it’s EZ again.

They severely invalidate gearing upgrades. When I’m getting 340 AP which is 40% of my unbuffed AP it makes getting upgrades less impactful.

1 Like

And raiders claim they only play 2-3 hours a week, because that’s how long it takes to do a raid.

pfft… what a load. feed me another.

I turned in Rend’s head and was completely cussed out by a level 1, because he was waiting for buff. That’s because at 3 pm server time, I had asked trade, “when can I turn in Rend’s head?” (just to be polite cause i know people want the buff), they said 6 pm.

Ok… so I, log off and log back on. I tell everyone again, I’m turning in the head… waited 5 minutes and did so.

I have not raided at all since Classic has come out, but I do appreciate the people who do… but to berate and harass me was just over the top.

And don’t lie to people saying you have a completely normal life and only take 2-3 hours a week playing WoW.

I’m aware of all the pre-planning and farming you have to do prior to a raid. Mainly be honest to yourself…jeez.

Removing world buffs from instances would absolutely save people a lot of time. Game is meant to be fun… not a job!

1 Like

I agree with you OP. World buffs are one of the least-fun aspects of classic for the reasons you listed.

2 Likes

Know what?
Its your damned head, turn it in when your good and damned well ready
If thats at 3:30 am on sunday, to damned bad, if they dont like it, well there is a whole bunch of words that the forum does not allow that should suffice.

And no, you dont need to remove the buffs, just dont worry about what other people want, let them get their own rend head

The only difference between having and no having World buffs, is the time spent in the raid.

World buffs are great when the content is on farm. I don’t want to spend 2 hours clearing MC for the 30th time. Seeing how fast the guild can get the content done and trying to beat your previous time is what makes farming MC exciting.

What I don’t enjoy about world buffs is when they become a requirement. I don’t have the luxury of keeping my character logged off for hours just to preserve a buff. When I can play I am farming consumables.

Even when a guild (such as mine) has 0 obligation to get world buffs… everyone slowly starts shifting towards getting them. Having world buffs shows more effort and preparation which means loot is more likely to go to those players. So slowly everyone starts getting every possible buff AND gets livid when they lose them.

Our last few raids we’ve had to go without the Ony buff because some tool drops it without announcing it at random times, and its always on cooldown.

You will lose all buffs anyway at Garr.

They should remove them inside instances

This is not making effort bro. This whole world buff is just ridiculous. As a casual player, if I want to play well in raid, I HAVE TO spend lots of time doing the exact same things every week for buff and CANNOT log in the game on my main.

Yes you do if you wanna be competitive. World buffs are making this competition too hard to be equal.

Oh hell yeah, 3 month necro.

By an undead mage, no less.

What else do you want to be removed from CLASSIC? This is not retail. It’s 16 years late to whine about something in a classic.

1 Like