Remove Wintergrasp and Ashran

Really guys , these two BG’s are a bloody joke , there is no skill involved its a simple zerg and the healers just spam heal the ancient , who btw hits like 20 macktrucks high on caffiene.

what was the intent here because getting stuck in this bg for over 30 minutes and then eventually throwing my hands in the air over a never ending stalemate , then to receive a deserter debuff…

what a disaster

16 Likes

I literally just left my Ashran. That BG is an hour of wasted life to see horde lose it over and over and over again.

Fangral is bugged hardcore…it comes up…smacks two to three of us, then runs back to the healers.

Kronos’ AI is just dumber than a bag of hammers. It will run up to the front line, stay there and NEVER return.

So Horde end up killing Fangral like MAYBE 1-2 times…meanwhile Horde have to summon 11 Kronos just to watch us lose. So dumb.

2 Likes

This is really interesting to read because my experience is the opposite; Fangraal seems to die much more than Kronus, and Fangraal tends to play much more defensively while Kronus is much more offensive (which is in line with what you are saying).

I am also surprised to see people saying they hit like trucks. I’d say the ancients are very weak in terms of health and damage - they don’t tend to progress the battle much in my experience unless you utilize all the other goodies (like ogre, wands, wyrm) as well.

4 Likes

They have ruined the epic bg que.

3 Likes

I merc’d my first Ashran last week I think and it was a stomp.

I have tried queue’ing as horde for 3 others since last week and horde got stomped in those. Same results in all 4, except I was on the winning Alliance side for one of them.

Fangraal ALWAYS resets. I was even taunting him and he still just derps to the back line. Kronos just goes all ADHD on the Alliance and dies after like 3 mins of finally making it to the battle.

1 Like

Full disclosure on Wintergrasp though…I’d much rather queue a Wintergrasp now than an Ashran.

I say leave Wintergrasp if you have to leave Ashran. For Epic BG’s, I currently have a 25% chance of getting Ashran. If they take Wintergrasp away, I’ll be at a 33% chance of getting Ashran. Either remove both, or keep both, or just ditch Ashran.

1 Like

This is equally frustrating for us though - he should be killing people but instead he cowers behind the melee!

What about the people that prefer Ashran to the other 3?

I’d rather have to keep him up and fighting rather than having to farm 3000 (yes thousand because we have to spawn him that many times) fragments to compete.

And I haven’t heard a single person say they love it…So i would guess they are minority.

It’s far better than the old Ashran.

3 Likes

Wintergrasp is ok…not to bad but Ashran is terrible! They never should have added it the way it is.

1 Like

Blizzard have a politician like fervor for sticking with their terrible decisions, we’re stuck with Ashran, and we all know it.

1 Like

Win or lose I love to new Ashran. Wintergrasp is player vs vehicle and it sucks.

i dont que for epics much anymore and people that dont like those should do the same.

I don’t like them very much either, however, the 65 conquest points is hard to pass up daily. Getting 415 gear weekly is a nice motivator.

Ashran is player vs who can heal your ancient better and it sucks.

I just want to add every single ashran I get other then 1 time alliance ALWAYS gets the AA first and its always at the same spot Its pretty fking dumb

I love it when people suck at something, their first reaction is to have it removed or nerfed somehow.
How about you learn how to play your own damn fking spec :stuck_out_tongue:
Maybe gain some f
king situatiional awareness and uhmmm,
ooh yeah, “git gud” :stuck_out_tongue:

WG is just broke. I KEEP getting into that epic BG and guess what? If I’m on off (Which has been ONCE out of the 8 or 9 times I’ve gotten it) we win. On Def we loose. Seriously I HATE this BG. Yet about 90% of the time I get stuck in it for epic BG. I got Ashtran once, ile of conquest once, and WG 9 or 10 times. It’s not fun being farmed in that BG especially if you zone in with 15 mins or less left.

He does have a leash on his pathing so you can’t pull him to far.

All I know is I used to queue for Epic Battlegrounds… and now I dont for fear of getting those two.

1 Like